Channel selection in Midio128.ini???

DaveKennett

I have built one core and one DIN.  They work!  But more questions arise.  I'm digging into the .ini file and can see how many things are set, but for each answer, two or three more questions appear.

I'm using one core with four DINs for two 61 key manuals, so I would have one manual (wires 1 - 64) assigned to channel 1, and the other manual (wires 65 - 128) assigned to the same notes on channel two.  It could be other channels, but that's the Miditzer default.  There was an earlier discussion about this, but the OP said "never mind, I've found it".  I searched again through the sample midio128 file, but to no avail.  I'm also somewhat confused about the examples being more complex than the list of note assignments.  Actually, I'm confused about a lot of things - but I'll get through it!  Once I get that, I'll try creating a SysEx file. That looks like real fun!

Thanks to all for all the help!

Dave

Seems like this forum is responding reeeaaally slow on my computer today.

but for each answer, two or three more questions appear.

Text adventure! Hang in there, it does have an ending :)

There was an earlier discussion about this, but the OP said "never mind, I've found it".  I searched again through the sample midio128 file, but to no avail. 

Darn I hate when that happens!

@Everyone: Share the answer!

I wish I knew the answer this time :( Sorry mate. Anyone?

I'm not quite sure what you are looking for but here is an excerpt from one of my INI files. The Great (middle) manual is on Channel 1 and the Pedal is on Channel 3. I'm a Miditzer user and have midified my three manual Rodgers with MIDIO128, including stop keys and pistons (35 of them).

To midify my instrument it took three cores with 128 DIN's each. There are a few spares left but they will be used up sooner or later.

42 =  90 3A 7F   80 3A 00   @OnOff # A#3 Great
   43 =  90 39 7F   80 39 00   @OnOff # A3  Great
   44 =  90 38 7F   80 38 00   @OnOff # G#3 Great
   45 =  90 30 7F   80 30 00   @OnOff # C3  Great 
   46 =  90 31 7F   80 31 00   @OnOff # C#3 Great
   47 =  90 32 7F   80 32 00   @OnOff # D3  Great
   48 =  90 33 7F   80 33 00   @OnOff # D#3 Great

##########################################
# Pin   # On Evnt # Off Evnt # Behaviour #
##########################################
   49 =  92 2F 7F   82 2F 00   @OnOff # B2  Pedal
   50 =  92 2E 7F   82 2E 00   @OnOff # A#2 Pedal
   51 =  92 2D 7F   82 2D 00   @OnOff # A2  Pedal
   52 =  92 2C 7F   82 2C 00   @OnOff # G#2 Pedal
   53 =  92 34 7F   82 34 00   @OnOff # E3  Pedal
   54 =  92 35 7F   82 35 00   @OnOff # F3  Pedal

• 3 weeks later...

I have built one core and one DIN.  They work!  But more questions arise.  I'm digging into the .ini file and can see how many things are set, but for each answer, two or three more questions appear.

How is your progress Dave?

Let us know if you need any more help.

Thanks to all!

I get my answers  - and I plod along to the next step.  I have discovered some things that might be useful to others, and soon should have a complete report on the project (midifying Conn 642).

All the midibox stuff is built and tested, and two keyboards are working.  I am now making the combination button panels to go under the keyboards.  After that, it's pedals and expression - then maybe learn to play a little better!

What a wonderful thing is happening here!

Dave