Building a DINx4 module in 90 seconds...

8O

• 2 weeks later...

funny, but fake. In addition to the mentioned missing frames, you can clearly see a car passing by the window @0:42. This car has an UPS logo on the site, which means that the video was not shot in Uganda, also the direction of the sun is wrong, clearly indicating that this video was shot on Mars, which means that it's not 8O assembling the board cause none of the pcb vendors ship to Mars.

Hehe, way cool bugfight.

• 3 weeks later...

Ah, you beauty, I finally got the DINx4 to work! It had me scratching my head for ages until my trusty multimeter spotted that the lower right-hand corner of the PIC wasn't pressed into the socket tightly. So while the pins were all behaving correctly, the PIC wasn't getting any of my delicious DIN signals. Now all is beautiful and tonight I even sent my first midi note to Ableton Live. Never has a single piano note sounded so nice!  :)

Keep up the good work folks!  :)

ahhh i see. very smooth time lapse.

anyone know of a software based solution for time lapse action? theres plenty to try out there, but would like to hear if anyone has any experiences to share. 1 question i do have, is there any solutions out there that can take an exsiting movie/stream and apply time lapse to it?

You could also update the firmware on your Powershot that doesen't support time-lapse natively. http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

anyone know of a software based solution for time lapse action? theres plenty to try out there, but would like to hear if anyone has any experiences to share. 1 question i do have, is there any solutions out there that can take an exsiting movie/stream and apply time lapse to it?

Try googling: Virtualdub timelapse.