a circular plastic enclosure is impossible to find

angel418

i have been googling and googling to find a circular plastic enclosure but i have had no luck of any find.  i am looking for one about 12inchs but if not that size thats find and about 2-4 inchs in depth.  has anyone seen a site selling a enclosure somewhat close to this??

let me know if  u have seen somewhere selling an enclosure of this size let me know.  or if you know of anywhere that sells any other enclosures as well.  and of course i have seen pretty much all the top 40 google sites on this.

thanks

nils i searched to no avail.

Did you try google? If so wth did you search for? I just threw some keywords at it and it spit out a whole bunch of shops that sell round plastic boxes. Guess what I searched for? Hint: round, plastic, box.

what do you think would be the best way to paint it so the paint wouldnt  come off or be sticky.

Metal: Paint. Spraypaint is probably the easiest way. Paint has a tendency to dry and harden - no stickiness. The anti-paint-come-off stuff you're looking for would be primer.

Plastic: Plastics and paint often don't play nice, depending on the plastic and the paint. Find out what material you're actually going to use, then find the matching paint.

Did you try google? If so wth did you search for? I just threw some keywords at it and it spit out a whole bunch of shops that sell round plastic boxes. Guess what I searched for? Hint: round, plastic, box.

LMAO!

nah no tupperware, i got a really cool design i wanta do.

What's wrong with tupperware? It's extremely high quality plastic in the shape and size you want.... It's expensive but hey...

Quote from: angel418 on Yesterday at 17:20

i have been googling and googling to find a circular plastic enclosure but i have had no luck of any find.  i am looking for one about 12inchs but if not that size thats find and about 2-4 inchs in depth.

DIY!

This can done with Acrylic sheets. Solvent cement and a torch.

please take pictures/video

Hey MC4, is that your project. That film container looks perfect. Sequino sounds like it is Arduino based sequencer. Right?

You're a very smart guy! ;)

Yes, that was one of the many design studies and a film container was at hand for a circular design.

The idea was to arrange a complete open source DIY-Kit with PCB, enclosure, controls and knobs for the arduino.

Frank

I like a circular design as the loop is circular so it is natural.

I think the same, circular sequencers have their very special fascination. But I have to find out, if people would prefer the rectangular cakebox design. When I find the time  ::), I will put some infos about the SEQUINO development progress on http://www.synthware.com.  Maybe I start a poll over there and let the people decide for the circular or rectangular way.  In spite of the AVR core, some basic facts might be interesting for midiboxers, too.