MIDIbox SID V2 Editor

TK.

There really isn't any difference at that point with sammichSID compared to the MB6582 except there is only 1 stereo pair. Everything else is the same - the sammichSID firmware modifications are largely related to the hardware control surface. In other words, a sammichSID is the same as a CORE + 2 SID modules as far as CTRLR is concerned.

That said, it does need some improvements. I think TK is waiting on the new CTRLR software before adding any more bells and whistles, but it's definitely getting there.

A quick hack will be released soon:

mios_studio_sysex_lib.png

Background info: this Librarian was already on my agenda some months ago, but then I found Ctrlr and thought that it could make it obsolete.

But the Ctrlr based "Program Manager" is far away from completion...

Yesterday I spent some time to debug the panel restore issue in the current Ctrlr version (btw.: it's solved now, and meanwhile I would be able to release Ctrlr binaries by myself), by doing this I realized that if I would program a Librarian for MIOS Studio, I could later also integrate it into Ctrlr because both applications are based on Juce (I will ask Atom about this possibility once I've finished the MIOS Studio variant)

So: the Librarian should be ready for use by end of this week - it will support MBSID V2 and MBFM V1, and maybe also some other MIDIbox apps.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Thanks! :)

There is some progress:

mios_studio_sysex_lib2.png

• patches can be moved around the bank. Insert/Delete is supported as well. Multi-Selections are possible
  • there is now a "Transaction" and "Assembly" bank. The idea: the Assembly bank is a temporal storage which allows to compose a new bank from different .syx files or received dumps. Once it's ready, the Transaction bank can be completely cleared, the Assembly bank can be moved into the Transaction bank, and then stored into a new .syx file, and/or transfered to the MIDIbox
  • patch names can be modified
  • support for MBSID V2, MBFM V1, MB808 and Waldorf Blofeld (just for my own purposes ;-))

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Oooh,

I'm sooo going to borrow from this if I ever have to the time to do some work with Ctrlr! Someone has to make something for all the wonderful, weird gear out there. K5000s, Fizmos (yet to acquire one) and maybe the FS1r. Also, the XV-5080 needs an OSX-compatible editor :frantics: Plus of course, all the old Casios, Yamahas, Ensoniqs and what not...

Kudos!

Edited by jojjelito

• there is now a "Transaction" and "Assembly" bank. The idea: the Assembly bank is a temporal storage which allows to compose a new bank from different .syx files or received dumps. Once it's ready, the Transaction bank can be completely cleared, the Assembly bank can be moved into the Transaction bank, and then stored into a new .syx file, and/or transfered to the MIDIbox

That is an awesomely clever idea, TK! Very cool!

TK.,

That looks awesome.

I'm very much a newby around these parts so I want to personally thank you and Hawkeye and Wilba and anyone else that makes all the midibox stuff so awesome.

Seriously, it's like stumbling into "the garden of awesome hobbies" that you never knew existed :D LOL!

Cheers,

Arkay.

Edited by Arkay
  • Like 1

Thanks a lot! I will try to test soon on MacOS 10.7 and tell you if works.

Best,

yan

Greetings to you!

I'm new here in the forum I would like to ask a question if you can. I want to build a midi box, and now here I am. I would like to ask what 18f452 controller firmware to burn? Knob 32 32 nyomógonb contains 32 LEDs on the control panel. For the moment dj szoftfer only treatment I would use, but I have a 8580 commodore's Iceman can also broaden once and use it to do. Thank you in advance for your answers hey Louis.

post-11253-0-04253100-1347429903_thumb.j

Greetings to you!

I'm new here in the forum I would like to ask a question if you can. I want to build a midi box, and now here I am. I would like to ask what 18f452 controller firmware to burn? Knob 32 32 nyomógonb contains 32 LEDs on the control panel. For the moment dj szoftfer only treatment I would use, but I have a 8580 commodore's Iceman can also broaden once and use it to do. Thank you in advance for your answers hey Louis.

post-11253-0-64250600-1347429987_thumb.j

post-11253-0-06460800-1347430005_thumb.j