Computer case for midibox?

jamie3

I bet you might be able to fit a Core module into an empty drive bay. Depending upon the number of empty drive bays available, you could fit in more modules (like SID)

Some newer PC cases are sporting LCD screens that I think are pointless. It's beyond me, but you might be able to disconnect that LCD that  is build into the case and connect it to your core sitting in the drive bay...

Connecting MIDI in and out...have to think about that one. Maybe get sound card with MIDI and access the MIDI ports from the internal part of the card, inside the computer? Somehow connect that to the core internally? You would have to get a card that has readily available schematics so you could decipher how to connect it to the midi ports on the core.

Maybe one of those adapters for mounting a 3.5" drive (floppy) into a 5.25" (CDRom) drive bay.

The hole in the front can be enlarged to hold a small LCD, you'll have a CDRom sized space for your MIDIBox, and it can be added to any computer case with a 5.25" external drive bay space.

For MIDI I/O, I would consider a USB MIDI interface connected to an internal USB header.

Not a bad idea at all. I'll have to think on that one.

Have Fun,

LyleHaze

I bet you might be able to fit a Core module into an empty drive bay. Depending upon the number of empty drive bays available, you could fit in more modules (like SID)

That's quite a good idea. Removeable hard drive drawers/trays are dirt cheap. You could fot a fairly minimal SID in one (may have to do something to accomodate the LCD) and solder everything to the centronics port which they use so that you could slide the whole thing out and slide it in to another "dock" if you wanted to use it stand alone.

G

Removeable hard drive drawers/trays are dirt cheap. You could fot a fairly minimal SID in one (may have to do something to accomodate the LCD) and solder everything to the centronics port which they use so that you could slide the whole thing out and slide it in to another "dock" if you wanted to use it stand alone.

G

Hmm, finally something to do with those old SCSI disk tray's I've had lying around......Although, I really can't see a need to have a SID inside My massive tower anyway.........

Definitely a cool thought though...If anyone is interested in some really nice HD Trays, let me know, I like to swap.  ;)

AB

i do have a mini-itx system but it would not fit the computer AND midibox.

i want a desktop (ie: non-tower) chassis that will likely gold a u-ATX mobo and also host the midibox parts.

i want a slim design so it likely wont have a 5.25" drive bay. instead i probably will take the top of the desktop case and fabricate some additional siding to host the midibox parts AND the front panel. this way my midibox mixer is just forged to the top of the case.