wood!

SLP

Hmmm... I may hit you up for some wood working advice in the near future, Doug. I have a grand scheme for a steampunk/victorian style MIDIbox. I threw out the idea of using my metal geiger counter, since it seems easier to work with wood and brass plates. When I get my idea together, would you mind answering questions or providing suggestions for putting things together?

Hmmm... I may hit you up for some wood working advice in the near future, Doug. I have a grand scheme for a steampunk/victorian style MIDIbox. I threw out the idea of using my metal geiger counter, since it seems easier to work with wood and brass plates. When I get my idea together, would you mind answering questions or providing suggestions for putting things together?

Yey, the Geiger counter is saved.

• 4 months later...

Hi Doug,

I was looking for infos on wooden case when I came upon your post. I designed an enclosure for my MBSEQ but I have no idea if it is feasible at all. Maybe you could take a look here and leave your thoughts. I would be glad. Maybe you could process it as well ;).

Thanks.

Well I just want him or anybody else to comment my drawings :). I would be happy to build it myself but I do not have any space left for this kind of activity. I would probably waste a lot of wood too because I never did it before :p.

I wonder if schaeffer would accept processing wood with their CNC. Could be dangerous actually :).

Looks good... what about holes for the 8 trigger gate outs? If you don't have any old analogue synths / analogue drum modules, then this won't apply, but if you did (Say a SH-101 or Juno 60) they are absolute killers for clocking the sequencer or arpeggiator etc...

No extra parts (except for jack sockets) are needed for this.. + a tiny bit of code enabling..

Regards

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

:) For all you wood lovers out there

salvaged timber plus some offcuts from other jobs [i never throw anything away especially timber]

+ 2 small planks of figured maple i had spare

in order of use

birdseye maple planks + offcuts main top and back

jarrah [salvaged stair treads and flooring from munitions factory over 80 years old] end panels and directly above keys

figured redgum [salvage old railway sleeper]top of raised section

figured blackwood [offcuts]directly below and above keys

lauro preto [offcut] face of raised section

red padauk [offcut] back top

haven't quite finished it yet still a lot of sanding to go

4443_minisynth_case_jpg0003ce8edbe4d4c48

4443_minisynth_case_jpg0003ce8edbe4d4c48

:o :o

Awesome!!!111

what is it going to be exactly?

analogue mono synth

boards going in are

on the midibox side : gm5 ,aout-ng ,core and seppomans dual ssm2044 Lp filter

and from mfos :minisynth plus , wsg with vactrol control on the first two generators , 2 x 10step seq, an extra LFO,

a stereo pan cct, an extra ADSR and VCA and a single buss kybrd cct

I am also including a reverb tank which came from the old home organ i took the keyboard from

quite obviously all that is not going to fit in what you can see here

I still have to make another matching section to go on top where the sequence's will live plus the extra's

stryd multicultural yes haha didn't think of that but honestly it was just some of what i had lying around in my shed

i just like using pretty timber :)and its a far better use than gunns turning everything they can cut down into

wood chips [the b#%$*#ds !] and then replacing it with blue gum [gets on soapbox ]

oops sorry started waffling on about my pet hate :D

Oh I have the same beef man. The timber situation is dire, and getting worse. At least they're replacing it with bluegum there, here the standard replacement is an introduced pine tree that's so bloody far from the same quality level as the jarrah they cut down, it's a joke; plus the native animals can't use it the same way, and it helps the introduced species of animals, and doesn't behave the same way as native timber, seasonally speaking, etc etc etc. But yaknow, if they grow *something* in place of the thousand year old forests they cut down, they can say they're being "green". Pff, yeh right.  Everyone believes it though...

No, you're right, that's a soapbox for another thread before we go waaay offtopic )

• 3 weeks later...

There's a place down the road from mine that sells all sorts of old restoration stuff including recycled timber, wooden doors and windows, brass fittings... heaps o stuff. They're called "Steptoe's", and they're so close to my place that they better keep the damn noise down!!

I just can't help but think of these two:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yGSGuhAapI

anyway, i finally managed to drop in today, and they've got everything I need for my console. So awesome.

• 3 months later...