possible new product, need assistance

metasonix

I would like to develop a tube drum machine.

It's still a bit early, I have to breadboard and test some sound circuits. But I thought I'd ask in advance. It probably would not be ready for sale until early 2010 at soonest.

It is necessary to build a prototype to try out, before committing to a "product". God knows if this will even work adequately.

It would be nice to have a decent programmer built into it, PIC-based or whatever. It need not be as complicated as the MB-808, as there will only be 6 or 7 drum sounds available. So it only needs to produce, at most, seven 0-5v output trigger pulses, and possibly with an extra pulse output for accent (optional). I think 64 patterns with chaining would be fine. MIDI could be limited to sync input or output.

I also need to keep the complexity and cost within reason. Bloody thing will cost plenty to make, before it even gets a PIC processor built in. Think of the S-1000 Wretch Machine, in (rough) terms of complexity and cost.

This will be a very limited issue product. In fact, I'll be amazed if it sells 20 pieces a year.

The writer of the code is welcome to use it elsewhere, or give it away to DIYers. I don't care. Do what you wish with it. Also don't care which processor is used. Simplicity of construction is a plus.

If someone is willing to devise a version for this project, it would be much appreciated, and I can offer some money up front plus a per-unit "royalty".

Comments welcome. Many thanks.

--

E. A. Barbour

METASONIX

www.metasonix.com

Futureman: What's with the secrecy? I'd like to think that anyone with sufficient knowledge of MIOS and time to build a basic sequencer like this for free, would share it publicly - it's kinda the midibox way, right?

All: TK should be the one to respond to this request.

Futureman: What's with the secrecy? I'd like to think that anyone with sufficient knowledge of MIOS and time to build a basic sequencer like this for free, would share it publicly - it's kinda the midibox way, right?

All: TK should be the one to respond to this request.

Sorry Stryd,

My friends got nothing to do with Midibox.. So I thought he would be a good candidate for such a commercial role.. He's designed a few things for Blacet & Doepfer and used to work for Fairlight.

I didn't mean to put any noses out of joint.

Regards

Mike

I would like to develop a tube drum machine.

Hi Eric,

I've had a look at your site quite a number of times, though I can't say I've had the pleasure of using your products. Nice job you do with your marketing though, and nice surprise to see you here.

Have you got a name in mind for your proposed drum machine?

Hope it all works out.

Cheers, madox

People,

I know your not gonna like this but in the future wait with posting something until TK has done this.

Thorsten has made a rule for postings in this forum. It clearly states his approvel is needed. It does not state our approvel is needed. Even is MIOS is non commercially bla bla. TK can decide diffrent for some matters.

People allready have made judgements without a reply from Thorsten.

Look he approves or disapproves. We are not the persons to do this.

It would make things much easier if you just let TK reply first before we do.

Thanks,

Jeffry