2x40 LCD and Midibox 64E

Phattline

do ya know that:

00017081__top.jpg

I am dreaming from this... all the time.... but way too expensive....and.... I only need one 2x40LCD, with 8Encoder and 8LEDrings under it...

Is it, or will be the 2x40 LCD supportet...or 2x 2x40 or 4x 2x40  ;)  why that? When using Midiboxes with software, you have always the problem...."the setup, is changig from week too week, and also the plugins...." And when you make a frontpanel with text on it... after a week, the text isnt true for your setup... and a big lcd in combination with ledrings and encoders gives you workflow...

I would need it for remote for my jomox airbase... that is that analog baby: airbase99.jpg

I would like to make that of it: Jomox+XBase+999-96-96733.jpg

the MB808 as sequencer, and the Midibox 64E? as cool total recall interface, with good workflow

you have 9 Instruments... and with every instrument you have other Controll names.... you could make it like waldorf in a Text- Matrix and LEDs next to it (like by the sid with "ENV, MISC, ... 2nd function....")

And I also need it for my Waldorf pulses... the waldorf matrix with the Potis is worst...and If you use the Waldorf Pulse as Poly (2 pulses are needet) you must edit all parameters twice....

look @t that,isit cool?

8_Impulsi.jpg

ok I have only 2 of it, but instead off the doepfer drehbank I would have a cool Midibox  :D

So Snapshots would be cool, to save all, like synthspresets  ;)...the pulse have "only" 99 of them....  ;D

Isn't that exactly what the LC is for?

Hm, the LC does the "Logic/Mackie " job, with the commonication by computer...the computer sends Names, for the selectet Chanalstrips and so on....

So the LC does the same job like the MB64E? I meen, there A knobs, and LEDs that switch and displays, on what Layer (midicontroller row) I am now? And I can self Name the Controllers in the Display like " Attack d s r, OSC1 tun OSC2 tun......." ? or do I need a Host software, that have the brain? I meen, my waldor pulse has no mackie emulation  ;) in it.....

I will post today my idea, in a quick picture... to more understand what I want (2x40 LCD under it 8 Encoder with Ledrings, und this, a buttons and LEDs which displays the selectet Midicontroller layer (virtual encoder) next to the LEDs and buttons is a text matrix, which quick show the paremeter of my jomox.

look what the waldorfs make...same here but with LCD over it, Ledrings, and Encoders....

And there should be also some not-switchable- Encoders with Ledrings, for eg Cutoff- Resonace, or for the drummachines Volumes, because, importet Parameters live to find in a matrix stops workflow...

http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pics/products/5/8/8/487588.jpg

Hi,

I think we could use the C version of LC for the C/G LCD and encoders routines and start from there, i "only" need to learn C, that s it.

It's good to lern C.... but I fear this isn't enough in this case.

Sure you can use the C code from the LC. But: The LC interacts with the Machie-Protocol. You only can display what the host sends you via Mackie-Protocol. You won't be able to emulate a C4 with this. If somebody "hacks" the C4, maybe then there is chance to build a Midibox-C4.

A Midibox64e isn't also a solution, because your host won't send the labels via midi.

I never got my hands on a C4. One reason for this is that only a few hosts are supporting this unit. My Cubase won't. Thats why I don't have a C4.

Some time ago there were several  discussions on this issue. Do a search with "Mackie C4".

greets

Doc

Hi,

It's good to lern C.... but I fear this isn't enough in this case.

Sure you can use the C code from the LC. But: The LC interacts with the Machie-Protocol. You only can display what the host sends you via Mackie-Protocol. You won't be able to emulate a C4 with this. If somebody "hacks" the C4, maybe then there is chance to build a Midibox-C4.

A Midibox64e isn't also a solution, because your host won't send the labels via midi.

I never got my hands on a C4. One reason for this is that only a few hosts are supporting this unit. My Cubase won't. Thats why I don't have a C4.

Some time ago there were several  discussions on this issue. Do a search with "Mackie C4".

greets

Doc

hi Doc,

yep i remember

so no news from the C4 cracking front?

about "C" learning: i ve found out that for 110% nOObs like me it can be easier to see "something already done" and start from there.I thought that i could from the LC how to print stuff on LCD.. but yeah i don t know what i am talking aobut ;)

I am also planning to get some guy to give me some lessons this winter.We ll see.

Mabe not for cimo, but for me... the midibox 64e with encoder is the solution  ;D , because I dont need the LC Macke controll or whatever, I simply controll A analog midified gear (waldorf pulse, jomox airbase), that babys have a snpashot send, and they are total recall, midi in and out, Simple name the CCs in the 64e and make some virtual pots rows, and a few switches, to toogle between the Virtual pots..... I dont believe that nobody done this bevore?

Is to add instead of the 2x16 display a 2x40 Display that really big problem??? I ask that, because I have no Idea how difficult this is....

Is to add instead of the 2x16 display a 2x40 Display that really big problem??? I ask that, because I have no Idea how difficult this is....

This is no big problem at all.

What I don't really see, is how you want to send the labels of your controls to the MB64e ?

greets

Doc

na doc, ich drück auf BD, dann werden V-Pots 1-8 in den ersten 40 Zeichen am Display die von mir eingespeicherten Namen innerhalb 5 Zeichen angezeigt...ersten 5 Display kasterl "DECAY" ist also V-Pot1

Drunter ist der aktuelle Reglerwert z.Bsp: "127", also ein Interface wie bei der Midibox SID, nur das man zwischen den Seiten (8 V-Pots pro seite) mit eigenen Tasten umschalten kann, Taste 1. Vpot1-8...Taste 2. Vpot9-16......

Meinst mit Labeln- beschriften nehm ich an? Jop das will ich händisch machen. Also ich hab net vor aus einer Airbase oder einem Pulse nahmen rauszulocken---das geht nicht- weis ich eh, auch geht kein Automap wie bei Novation- mir auch klar....

Ich verwende so und so kein Mackie Controll oder Automap, ich programmier mir immer alles selber (mit programmieren mein ich net assambler oder C----kein plan...ich mein Namen eingeben, und controller zuweisen)...ich weis ja am besten wie mein Setup auszuschauen hat....Mackie controll weis das net....(I hate it)

(english:

I dont want to autolable it, know from macke controll protocoll or novation automap, I want to edit the Virtual Pots with my Hands, and save it, I have a fix setup, where every midibox does its unique job, too scroll thru menues isent liveact compatible.... So I dont need a macke controll clone... maybee my first Picture of the C4 was confusing...I meent with that, it where cool if you have midibox64e, that hast that 2x40Lcds ledrings and encoders like the C4, but as its functiona as a Midibox, not as a Mackie controll=