New Sequencer - PCB Mount

Futureman

Aussie hard wood..

Best timber in the world. OK, unless you steal some endanger species from a brazilian rainforest :)

Nice box! I do like the black, but I'm that way inclined..... Not knowing exactly what timber it is (jarrah? blackbutt?) Maybe a deep navy blue or indigo would bring out the red?

good stuff ;D i like the telecaster dome knob for the center data wheel

i have been getting them regularly from stewart mac in the states for years now for my guitars

timber looks like good ol tassie oak i think :-\ but maybe blackbutt

i agree with stryd about the color for the panel a deep blue

would be nice but perhaps i am a bit impartial having gone that way myself

good to see you did the panel yourself, nice work mate.

It's def not blackbutt, I know, because I did my floor to my old place with blackbutt, and it's W A Y too hard to have any fun with... If anyone wants a 100 or so meters of it, I've got a bit spare..  ;)

It was made from one old plank I found.. so the sides are the same timber as the front.. maybe it's a lighting thing.

as for the centre knob, yea.. I got a few Fender ones from my old friend hongkongsuperseller... he's great for cheap parts.

I'll leave it black for now... I was thinking cream, as it's gonna sit next to a White Arp Oddy & Akai S950 & TR-707 + TR-727.. all cream.. (Yea, my gear is sorted by colour... joke)

Thanks for the kind words..

Thanks for your help too!

Regards

Mike

that is the best, thing you can do, take this extra big DTL switches from ITT (digitast) get them in a row, and you only have to saw one Hole for 8 switches.... drill holes for the encoder is not so hard too....I think I will make this soo tooo ---good Idea- thankz to share.

It was made from one old plank I found.. so the sides are the same timber as the front.. maybe it's a lighting thing.

Possibly a grain thing, too.

Very nice box!

I only hope some of my wooden creations come out looking even half as good!!

Alas, I have stupid fingers, and tend to say "nearly... nearly... nearly... crap!!" a lot.

Well, it's pretty much 99% finished, just gotta screw the front panel down..

in the end, I back lit the bottom buttons, and I can't believe how bitchin it looks... looks like lava! almost, like they are too hot to touch.

I ended up staying with the black, but in a month or so, I might still go with creme.

I also got the extra midi in's and out's working, and they rock.. takes care of all those pain in the arse Midi Omni things... arghhh..

The 8 Triggers are brilliant for Argeggios & Sequencers like 101's and Juno60's etc.. gold!

Regards

Mike

IMG_0063.JPG

How did you go about backlighting them?

As the buttons have a 5mm spacer behind them, I soldered about 6 x 5mm RED LED's aiming at them on an angle from behind..

I arranged them on a small piece of vero, and glued that to the switch pcb.. (If i thought ahead, I could have just soldered the LED's to the switch pcb, but I didn't think that far ahead.

I only lit them from one side, but I guess you could do both sides, but after trying one side, it didn't look like it needed anymore.

I powered them off a different tap on the transformer that powers the whole thing, just to leave the core alone. (But I'm pretty sure it could have powered another 12 LED's)

Cheers

Mike