TLV5630 chips for AOUT_NG modules

Kartoshka

Hi everyone.

The reason to initiate a new topic in this section is to find inexpensive bulk supplier of TLV5630, used in AOUT_NG modules which are subsequently essential for controlling seppoman's SSM2044 filter boards. One TLV5630 per every AOUT_NG/SSM2044_PCB.

After we find good supplier and quote the prices they will be taking, we could set a wiki.

Any ideas/directions about said above, are welcome in this thread.

Kart

As a reference point, Farnell UK do them at:

1+ £10.91 + VAT = £12.82 ~= 15.89 Euro

10+ £8.58  + VAT = £10.08 ~= 12.49 Euro

100+ £6.88  + VAT = £ 8.08  ~= 10.02 Euro

Euro conversion from www.xe.com on date of posting.

I have an account, though for 100 of these I'd have to get money up front, and they are not showing that many in stock - so it might be worth looking at the TI lead time before ordering any larger numbers.

I don't wanna sound demotivating/destructive, but still I'd propose thinking about regional "SmashTV bulk orders" to get the shipping cost down. Seeing the usual prices at e.g. Farnell, you'd still need to get in the hundreds pieces region to get only a little cheaper than Smash's price.

At current exchange rate, his kit is 35 Euros. With the TLV being maybe 10 Euros and all other parts from Reichelt being around 15 Euros (and that's already dirt cheap compared to other shops, although the Reichelt trimmers are inferior quality compared to Smash's), that'd leave 10 Euros for the PCBs and partial shipping costs for PCBs to bulk order guy, TLVs to maybe different bulk order guy, plus shipping costs from the bulk order guys to the participants and shipping of the rest of the parts (e.g. Reichelt). I'm not saying it isn't possible to get the final price per "PCB kit" a tad lower than Smash's kit price (especially if you'd do a bulk order on the trimpots too and all is conducted by a single person), still I don't think it'd be worth the effort (also considering this involves increased risk of shipping loss because of multiple shipments per person and higher PayPal fees because of multiple transactions).

So my proposal would be: Why don't you try to find a few others also needing NG kits and living in the same part of the world and combine these orders to one big SmashTV order? I just checked the shipping at Smash's shop, and e.g. 20 NG kits to Germany are USD 40 shipping, that's only 1.40 Euros per kit :)

S

if you get the dac as single device @ 10Euro @ digikey, the bulk order must be cheaper (1+1=2)

yes but that doesn't change my point very much. As long as you don't find a place where you can get 100 for like 5 Euros and the SAME person also conducts a complete bulk order for TLVs, PCBs and trimpots (and maybe even the rest of the parts), you won't save much money compared to a smash bulk order. So I doubt it's worth the effort. Of course as long as you don't conduct a bulk order yourself and only have to lean back and wait for other people to help you save a few bucks, it's very easy... This is not against bulk orders in general, I'm only pointing out that in order to get complete NG kits, several people would need to make some effort to help people to save only a little, or one person will have a huge amount of work to make it cheaper. If there'd be a chance to cut the price half for the complete module, I'd say great and probably even participate myself, but as long it's only about saving maybe 5 Euros at most per module while at the same time taking away business from Smash who hugely helps this community by providing a great service at very reasonable prices, I'm against that!

S

I think Seppoman is absolutely right. Don't forget to factor in time if doing kits, (and the algorithm starts something like "take your best guess and double it").

The savings on parts can easily get lost in shipping and tax. Cimo's idea sounds good, let the kits have a nice break in the sun, and post out to the EEC from there.

I bought my boards from Smash, and got the parts locally. Smash's kit now seems a pretty good deal, (for example, it took several goes to sort the trimpots out, between size and available stocks), on time saved alone and it would have been cheaper.

no disrespect! you guys tell truth.

Pretty confusing fact is that i got billions of emails with strange quotes apart strange chinese names  ;D,

all those quotes like having two stable attractors: one around $2.5 and second around $12.

But after reading your inputs which i agree too, i think i gonna pass on it.

CLOSED.