MIDIbox SEQ V4 Wishlist

TK.

I will again request predelays (negative delays) :) I think this is a very useful feature and I think MB SEQ could function very well with that.

Other things:

I'm sorry if any of those features already exist or are planned. MB_SEQ is such an extensive solution, there's no way someone could use all of its options in my opinion, especially including the community enhancements! I guess this is just an attempt at showing how I would see the workflow with the SEQ...

I think the MB SEQ could see it very useful to have a good performance FX section, for shaping the tracks not by creating the tracks from scratch (programming), but by mangling and mashing up.

Take a track, apply some effects, and bounce that to another track.

Some ideas for fx:

• 1. beat repeat (just rip off ableton! :P)
  • 2. midi delay (it's implemented already, but it's in the same bag)
  • 3. flam (to use the higher density of tracks)
  • 4. stretch (multiply or divide by integer)
  • 5. move: start the 'move' option, select the first step, e.g. step 2, then another step, e.g. step 4. then step range 2-4 will be placed after the third step you click on.
    so if you click on step 7, this will happen
    original 8-step sequence: 12345678
    selected: 1[234]5678 (selected steps are blinking)
    you click on 7, and the result is: 15672348
  • 6. pattern freestyle: this fx has one parameter, length. when you turn it on, the sequencer stops playing. you click on a step and it starts playing from that step, and stops after <length> steps. <length> can be set to unlimited. if you click and hold, it could repeat <length> steps. it's important that the parameter can be changed in real time.
  • 7. copy-paste: works like move, but instead of moving steps, it overwrites.
    so for example:
    original: 12345678
    selected: 1[234]5678
    you click on 6
    you get: 12345234

if the range would fall off the end of the loop, it just wraps around.
    e.g.
    original 12345678
    selected: 12[345]678
    you click on 7
    you get: 52345634 << the first '5' is wrapped around.

• 8. harmonizer: harmonize notes to scale. make sure it's non-destructive so you can modify the scale. you could even use harmonic progressions instead of scales, it would basically be a look up table:
    C  -> ?
    C# -> ?
    D  -> ?
    D# -> ?
    E  -> ?
    F  -> ?
    etc.

• What you could do is harmonize everything to pentatonic, e.g.
      C->C#, C#->C#, D->D#, etc
      or just do something like this:
      C->C, C#->B, D->Bb, D#->A, etc... basically reversing the notes. This would create something like inversions, but not :)

• 9. note wraparound: this creates very interesting chord inversions. You set two params, a 'top' and 'bottom' note. anything that's above the top note gets lowered by 1 octave, anything that's below the bottom note is moved one octave up. Top and bottom notes can only be 11 semitones apart, no closer, so bottom would be C3, and the top could only be B4. This is so that any input notes can be mapped to a resultant note of some kind: otherwise the algorithm wouldn't have an outcome for some notes. If you have the situation with bottom=C3 and top=B4 and you lower the top to top=Bb4, then the bottom would be lowered as well. This would allow some interesting performances.

Each of those effects could work on a whole track, or just on a pattern, or just on a part. It would be cool if you could move/copy between parts, or between patterns.
    I think this list of fx modifiers could grow. It could be useful to make them pluggable in other places, e.g. maybe in the future someone could want this functionality in MB_SID 303, or in a midi filter module. Certainly using a C function would be very feasible, you feed it the parameters and the array of steps, and it spits out a new array of steps.

More things, from most feasible to least:
    - friendly MIDI destination names. E.G. I want "MIDI out #2 channel 12" to be called AKAI from now on :) of course this should be user definable, without reprogramming the firmware :)
    - metronome audio output. would be very very useful to work with DJs. Maybe even a kick-snare sorta output to make it easier on the ears, I think Logic has a feature like this. This is a very pleasant way for live musicians to sync to a computer (a sort of MIDI2Brain interface). This could possibly be an extra module. Maybe a possible function for the PIC cores left over from older versions of the SEQ.
    - USB dongle support instead of SD cards. Those are, for one thing, much more common and easier to use and easier to find (imagine this scenario: you're a big dj, you're playing on burning man for 500,000 people. your laptop's usb SD card reader is lost/destroyed/stolen/abducted by aliens to examine its 50 different openings. there isn't one in the radius of a thousand miles since you're on a desert. how do you dump your tracks from your laptop for MB_SEQ to use?)
    - Ms Pinky or Serato Scratch Live or Final Scratch timecode output. This would allow syncing mp3s with the midi sequencer. This can already be done through ableton live though, put your track in ableton and make ableton sync to the MB SEQ. Just another idea, not really the highest priority, but the hardware allows it and maybe someone will pick it up. I don't point to it as a request, rather as a possibility. It might spark a bigger idea in someone else's head.
    - script support, some lightweight language. For generative sequencing. I guess what you want is flow control and support for recursive functions, and some variable support.
    - support for DVI output to have a huge sexy display. I want the whole world to know I'm using the MB_SID. Also, it would be much easier to simply sit back and relax instead of crouching over the tiny LCDs. And would allow display of all tracks at the same time.. etc etc and so on and so on... ahh imagination you seduce me
    - tetris to have something to display on that LCD :P

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

This sounds incredible.  I can't wait to test it out!!

For me, my SEQ is a midi merger and master controller for my modular synth/drum machine.  I send the output to my Midibox CV and make heavy use of the CV/Gates, Sync, Trigger outs, etc.

Being able to run a large number of tracks (24+) as dedicated simple percussion outs (perhaps able to be renamed appropriately according to my drum modules in the firmware) in addition to the normal tracks would be HUGE for me, as well as being able to select either Gate or 1ms Trigger on those outs.  I wanted to build a second MB808 sequencer, but that isn't as ideal for me as having a single SEQ -- and if something like this could be implemented, I am just going to go ahead and wait.  Plus, i can get my way around C a lot better than ASM and may have more of a chance at customizing the firmware. :)

The ability to load/play existing midi files is another huge thing.  Now I can compose on the computer and not spend hours trying to get all the patterns and songs transferred to the SEQ for a live show.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, this is looking great! I've got my V3 all ready to go, but I thought I'd wait for V4.

For those of us who haven't put one together yet, are there any ideas for hardware differences? E.g. track groups and trigger layers were selected with buttons, but would it now be more sensible to scroll through with up/down buttons (or an encoder)? Could they be displayed on an additional LCD or 8-segment LED?

And forgive me if this has already been implemented, but are 14-bit NRPNs supported? Or 12-bit for AOUT_NG? Some multi-track-analog-pseudo-sample-and-hold CV would be awesome!

Edit: of course I mean 7-segment  :P (well, 8 still kinda works if you include the decimal point!)

Now, this might be going over the top of the architecture a bit, but do four groups of four tracks make sense anymore? One place where the groups are useful is the 16x4 matrix. If the tracks were not arranged in groups, but just "Track X", could you assign individual tracks to the matrix?

Hi

At the moment, the SEQ has the current track indicated by the matrix (Group A, B, C, D x Track 1, 2, 3, 4).

With the advent of SEQ V4, more tracks and layers will be available, and so I think it might make more sense to display the track parameter layer and trigger layer on 2x 7-segment LED displays. The track could then be incremented or decremented with an encoder or pair of switches.

I am happy to give the hardware a go, and will even try the programming myself, but I was wondering if there is any fundamental problem I should be aware of before I get too far into it. Or perhaps you could share your opinions?

Also, how is the duo LED matrix handled by >16 tracks?

Thanks again

More than 16 tracks won't be available - see the other postings in this forum section to see why we decided this (sometimes you have to read the whole posting and not only the first article to understand the arguments)

http://www.midibox.org/forum/index.php/topic,12799.0.html

http://www.midibox.org/forum/index.php/topic,12577.0.html

http://www.midibox.org/forum/index.php/topic,12802.0.html

Instead, we have up to 16 assignable parameter layers per track + the trigger layers of course.

You can already try out your frontpanel enhancement ideas by using the MacOS or GNUstep based emulation before building the hardware. This allows you to decide by yourself, if your idea really makes sense or not. It won't be supported from my side, so - you have to add the code by yourself.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Okay, I thought I heard more than 16 tracks somewhere, maybe it was for extra drum tracks. 16 is still plenty, though!  ;)

If that's the case, I might just keep mine to the same format. Maybe it might be interesting to add displays later.

TK, do you have any ideas on how the trigger/parameter layers will be selected? I realise a V2 panel will need to use the function keys anyway; I'm thinking along the lines of a Wilba/V3 panel, where you have Trigger/Parameter A/B/C. What about holding a "trigger button" (or Function key) then pressing one of the 16 panel buttons?

Vielen Dank.

Extra drum tracks are not required, since each track can control up to 16 instruments (means: you can play for example up to 16*16 = 256 drum instruments)

TK, do you have any ideas on how the trigger/parameter layers will be selected? I realise a V2 panel will need to use the function keys anyway; I'm thinking along the lines of a Wilba/V3 panel, where you have Trigger/Parameter A/B/C. What about holding a "trigger button" (or Function key) then pressing one of the 16 panel buttons?

if( event_mode != SEQ_EVENT_MODE_Drum && num_t_layers <= 3 ) {
    // 3 layers: direct selection with LayerA/B/C button
    if( depressed ) return -1; // ignore when button depressed
    seq_ui_button_state.TRG_LAYER_SEL = 0;
    ui_selected_trg_layer = trg_layer;
  } else if( event_mode != SEQ_EVENT_MODE_Drum && num_t_layers <= 4 ) {
    // 4 layers: LayerC Button toggles between C and D
    if( depressed ) return -1; // ignore when button depressed
    seq_ui_button_state.TRG_LAYER_SEL = 0;
    if( trg_layer == 2 )
      ui_selected_trg_layer = (ui_selected_trg_layer == 2) ? 3 : 2;
    else
      ui_selected_trg_layer = trg_layer;
  } else {
    // >4 layers or drum mode: LayerA/B button selects directly, Layer C button enters trigger selection page
    // also used for drum tracks
[/code]

The trigger selection page

In other words: it's already implemented this way...

Best Regards, Thorsten.

How about a "Remix" feature applied at the "track" level, where you can use a knob or two to "change up" the order

of the steps.  But with 128 steps available, you would have 128 x 128 steps to equals

16,384 variations, so you might need 2 knobs to do an NRPN type of change.  But could be fun for live improving and

jamming. 

Dave

How about a "Remix" feature applied at the "track" level, where you can use a knob or two to "change up" the order

of the steps.  But with 128 steps available, you would have 128 x 128 steps to equals

16,384 variations, so you might need 2 knobs to do an NRPN type of change.  But could be fun for live improving and

jamming. 

Yes, can be added to the Fx page. Do you also have an idea, how to control the variations? (algorithm?)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

• 2 weeks later...

YES!!!! TK YOU ARE A LEGEND!!!!

I cant believe I will finally have a reason to build a new midibox sequencer :) Woohoo

(The V3 I have was never 100% due to my own faults in construction)

A feature I would really love to see would be to have some LFO's which can be connected to CC values and have their settings stored per track, maybe more than 1 LFO per track so you could have programmed CC's as previously implemented and also LFO based CC's which could sync (or not) in various way to the midi clock.

I also wanted to see midi FX included in previous versions like delays etc.

I think I want to build one with a very large editing surface too. I have been out of touch from the whole midibox scene for a while, is it possible yet to have a screen set per track and to combine this with an editing surface with LEDs/buttons etc like TK's one but for each track?? Im thinking a doepher sized machine here....

It would be awesome if multi midi outputs and or cv/gate outputs were accessable via usb as a regular midi device so you could use the sequencer as a midi interface of sorts (but maybe with added routing options??)

Getting away from the concept of "groups" would be nice too for the tracks. Perhaps having 16 buttons for the channels and then layers for each track on 4 or so buttons would be easier. Not having to save/load groups would be nice too.

I really like the idea of the midi file import/export from SD card....

Song mode real time recording of CC changes would be awesome (with the ability to mute the recorded changes for live performance).

Being able to "name" channels to an instrument would be nice, but might not work for everyone.

Having songs recall programs/volumes/pans etc (ie a reworking of the mixer page that was stored per song) would be cool too and send them on load.

To be able to "Play" patterns in real time from an external keyboard, but to have the keys sync (or not) to the beat/bar etc for real time arranging in a live situation. Perhaps you could play whole patterns on some keys, and just channels of patterns on other keys??

Ive always wanted to see the old roland tr-808 style "fill" feature go into a proper drum sequencer where you can write a couple of fills of each pattern and switch to them adlib. On that same subject a dedicated bassline style sequencer a la TB 303 with simple instant control of octave/slide/accent built into a more bassline friendly environment would be really handy.

A touch screen KAOSS pad(s) would be the ultimate for live CC's, (built into the control surface or as a tablet on a cable) but im sure is way outside what is happening in this version??? I can only ask :)

An A/B seq. select for fills maybe.. hmm.. it is probab doable now??!!

And how about if internal loopback routing was on the recive channel (not the sending), that way one loopback could control more than one track.. just thinking here. Maybe alredy doable!!?

• 2 weeks later...

Here some ideas that do not add really new functions but could ease the workflow:

(Would be also great to have them on V3)

1. Behaviour of the SELECT button in EDIT mode:

I think it would be great if you could select several steps (or a single step) with the GP buttons

(or the buttonmatrix), by holding the select button depressed.

Then the values of the selected steps could be changed relatively with the datawheel.(similar to ALL function)

Any second hit on the select button or any GP or matrix button should lead back to single selection mode

Think of live composing: e.g. have a track, bassdrum on every fourth step

-> Select every 8th step ->increase note number so you instantly get from kick, kick, kick.. to e.g. kick, tsch, Kick,tsch... ;)

2. "preloading steps": Possibility to change the note number of a step without actually setting it.

Also think of live composing here: I have a track playing, several steps are not set, I know what notes

I want there. How to get there without hearing my scrolling thru the notenumbers?

My suggestion: Layer A is already active-> I press it again-> LED goes off or starts blinking

I change the note numbers of the steps without setting them, (audience hears nothing) ->

I push Layer A again->  LED is On again. Now I can set the new steps which will now play the intended

notes right from the beginning.

3. Could be helpful if the all button would also work on the mute screen

THANK YOU for all the great work! Have my SEQ up since only a week and cant,t imagine how I came along without it.

Thanks for your valuable input! It's great, that you explain a possible solution to handle new functions with the existing user interface, because this is mostly the blocking point for adding new features.

1. Behaviour of the SELECT button in EDIT mode:

I think it would be great if you could select several steps (or a single step) with the GP buttons

(or the buttonmatrix), by holding the select button depressed.

Then the values of the selected steps could be changed relatively with the datawheel.(similar to ALL function)

Any second hit on the select button or any GP or matrix button should lead back to single selection mode

Think of live composing: e.g. have a track, bassdrum on every fourth step

-> Select every 8th step ->increase note number so you instantly get from kick, kick, kick.. to e.g. kick, tsch, Kick,tsch... ;)

See also ris8_allo_zen0's proposals what else could be done with the selected steps:

http://www.midibox.org/forum/index.php/topic,10848.msg83704.html#msg83704

Your idea, to use the (more or less redundant) SELECT button to enter the pattern is great - I will go this way.

For MBSEQ V3 there is no free memory anymore to implement such a feature, but for MBSEQ V4 it will be simple. :)

2. "preloading steps": Possibility to change the note number of a step without actually setting it.

Also think of live composing here: I have a track playing, several steps are not set, I know what notes

I want there. How to get there without hearing my scrolling thru the notenumbers?

My suggestion: Layer A is already active-> I press it again-> LED goes off or starts blinking

I change the note numbers of the steps without setting them, (audience hears nothing) ->

I push Layer A again->  LED is On again. Now I can set the new steps which will now play the intended

notes right from the beginning.

Sounds also like a good idea, especially because by using the layer button it's clear that only a single layer can be edited this way, accordingly this feature will cost 256 bytes maximum, which is acceptable.

3. Could be helpful if the all button would also work on the mute screen

ok

THANK YOU for all the great work! Have my SEQ up since only a week and cant,t imagine how I came along without it.

:)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Some ideas for the enhanced remote control:

I would like to use a Midibox64ev2 to implement additional 32 encoders for velocity and step length and 16 buttons for  layers and other stuff.

Would it be possible to implement a feature where MBSeqV4 sends its Status to the Midibox 64eV2 ?

Otherwise i would have the problem that after switching patterns, the Encoders of the Midibox64eV2 dont know the value  of each step.

I doubt that modern PC Sequencers handle the same way with endless midi controlers.

It would also be nice when the Values of the Displays of the MBSeqV4 correspond to entries of the Midibox64eV2, which means that the displays have to jump to the velocity view after i dial a encoder of the Midibox64eV2 which sends velocity parameters to the MBSeqV4.

Excuse my bad english

Andre

I would like to use a Midibox64ev2 to implement additional 32 encoders for velocity and step length and 16 buttons for  layers and other stuff.

You can connect the additional encoders and buttons directly to the core module, no need to build a second core module. Or are you planning to add LED rings? In this case it could make sense to off-load the core.

Would it be possible to implement a feature where MBSeqV4 sends its Status to the Midibox 64eV2 ?

It will be slow, but you asked for it...

It would also be nice when the Values of the Displays of the MBSeqV4 correspond to entries of the Midibox64eV2, which means that the displays have to jump to the velocity view after i dial a encoder of the Midibox64eV2 which sends velocity parameters to the MBSeqV4.

If you would configure MB64E encoders in incremental mode, this wouldn't happen.

Only exception: you are planning to add LED rings, so that MB64E has to know the absolute values.

And please keep the feature that the MBSeq can export its patterns and songs per sysex.

I would like to send them to my Triton Extreme and save them there.

Interesting - some days ago I considered to remove SysEx import/export option, as the SysEx page will be used for other purposes (see some of the previous postings), and much more data as ever before is used for each pattern, so that MIDI transfer is really too slow (ca. 1 second per pattern).

So, do you really want to wait 4 seconds until all patterns have been updated?

Does Triton Extreme support USB or TCP/IP (e.g. ftp access to MBSEQ?) - this would be a much faster option to exchange data (ca. 100 times faster)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Yes, can be added to the Fx page. Do you also have an idea, how to control the variations? (algorithm?)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Well with the Revoluton and Orb sequencers, they are both 16 step sequencer.  And the "Remix" feature, provides our unique Remix

feature which gives 256 variations for every pattern and song.  16steps x 16 variations

So I don't know the algorhythms itself,  there are  2 knobs with 16 options.  You turn those knobs to "Remix" the pattern.  Which essentially

shuffles the pattern.

First knob probably moves the first step over the left once.  so by the time you turn all the way to position 16, step 1 is in step 16.

any changes to the "remix" take place, the next loop of the pattern

a remix may play the same step multiple times within 1 bar

main rule, is that what ever data is programmed into step 1 will always plas as the first step of a remix

when both knobs are at 0 and 0, the steps are played like how it is saved.

i'm not sure what the 2nd knob does.  Maybe after moving everything to the right with the first knob, the 2nd knob

will do different variations to the steps.

for example, switch 2,4,6,8,10,12,14 with 3,5,7,9.11,13,15

things like that.

and another can do every 3rd, switch those just above it so that

2 switches with 3 and 5 switches with 6 and 8 switches with 9 and 11 switches with 12 and 14 switches with 15

that type of thing....

or save steps 1234 switch with 9 10 11 12 and 5 6 7 8 switch with 13 14 15 16

(well maybe not step 1).

just a variety of different ways to switch the pattern steps in real time with 2 knobs (for selecting the "remix) and 1 button for turning it on or off

would provide a great real time tool for manipulating the pattern.

It could be anything that the user community comes up with.

So since the original concept is 16 x 16 to get 256 variations, I don't know what you want to do with the 128 steps on your machine.

I guess we can utilize the ability of a knob to be 128 positions, and do the same concept throughout the pattern.

So with a combination of the first knob moving steps around left to right from step 2 ---> 128 (with 1 staying the same (if you want to keep that concept)

and then the second knob would have the ability to have up 128 different possibities for moving around different "groups" of steps.  So with the 2 working

in conjuction, it provides quite a bit of variety, while also maintaining the same "function" for the remix across the knobs, so that you might start seeing

different "remixes" (or knob positions of these 2 knobs) that work good for different parts, and you just know turning it the second knob to position 2 always

sounds good on a bass sound, or that type of thing, because of the consistency of the "remix" feature.

I'm all about the ability to "manipulate" the sequences live. I have a P3 and love the knob masking feature that it has, to control and tame some of the randomization

features, so you can add in the randomization at any point live, as you feel it.  This would give a similar but different fealing.

I'm open to any changes on this feature request, just wanting to get something like this started.....

Thanks....

You can connect the additional encoders and buttons directly to the core module, no need to build a second core module. Or are you planning to add LED rings? In this case it could make sense to off-load the core.

It will be slow, but you asked for it...

If you would configure MB64E encoders in incremental mode, this wouldn't happen.

Only exception: you are planning to add LED rings, so that MB64E has to know the absolute values.

Interesting - some days ago I considered to remove SysEx import/export option, as the SysEx page will be used for other purposes (see some of the previous postings), and much more data as ever before is used for each pattern, so that MIDI transfer is really too slow (ca. 1 second per pattern).

Does Triton Extreme support USB or TCP/IP (e.g. ftp access to MBSEQ?) - this would be a much faster option to exchange data (ca. 100 times faster)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

hello thorsten

1) i dont need led rings and the whole Midibox64ev2 if i can add additional 32 encoders and 16 buttons to the seqv4 core module :)

these are really great news !!!!!

the displays of the MBSeqV4 have to jump to the velocity page if i move one of the additional velocity encoders (as example)

2) my goal is to save all sound and sequencer data of my hardware to one hardware piece and working without computer.

storing all data on my triton extreme is one solution.

but if you really can manage that the seqv4 can request, send and store all sound data as a whole project file, it would be no problem to skip the sysex export, because the triton extreme or later my m3 can send its data per sysex to the seqv4.

impatient greets :)

moroe

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hello Thorsten

If each song would have a different ID (maybe the name of the song) then let the seqv4 export this ID as sysex message to the triton extreme.

So i can store this ID with all my samples on the triton extreme and recall the whole project later.

This would be some sort of song change message.

When i send the ID from the triton extreme to the seqv4 , he has to load the song which is bound to the ID.

If the seqv4 can use a big sd card it would never be necessary to backup all the songs and they will be always ready to be recalled.

Greets

Moroe

• 1 month later...

MUTE SCENES would be a nice thing to have I guess:

If feasible, a set of 16 mute scenes could be stored within a song, by the following use of the controlsurface:

The mute button could be used to toggle between the already implemented "track mute page" and a new "mute scene page".

With the 16 GP buttons you could recall 16 mute scenes.

To save a current mute pattern, hold the select button depressed and push the GP button you want it to be stored to.

(A note to do so could be displayed like on the pattern save page)

The multiple track selection feature by depressing the mute button could be maintained, but the mute screen would toggle when the

button is released. I must admit that I  have no idea yet how to overcome this,  but perhaps somebody else has.

Finally just a cosmetic issue, (not really worth to mention):

I wonder if I am the only person who is a little confused by the behavior of the the LEDs on the mute page, because I

would expect the LED to be on when a track is active and to be off when it is muted and not vice versa.

Gretteings,

Gridracer

I thought of two (Possibly) simple thing that I'd really like implemented.

1- Many of my synths don't have the ability to turn Local "Off"..

It makes it a bit tricky sometimes while recording in a riff / pattern real time or even step time to hear the "Doubling" up of notes etc because the synth plays itself (When I hit the keys) and also the sequencer plays them a fraction later.

If there was an option in the record page that could turn OFF/ON the 'immediate echo' of notes being recorded in that would be SUPER DUPER.

2- Also, Is it possible to distinguish what Midi input is being recorded etc? (ie the Core or IIC1 or both)

Currently it's both.

This can make for fustrations as I use the Core's midi in to supply clock, but sometimes it also has note info in it.. arghh.

My lame trick is to stick a TR-707 in the way, which strips any note info, but passes on clock (And is also a fine punchy drum machine)

I hope this makes sense?

The mute button could be used to toggle between the already implemented "track mute page" and a new "mute scene page".

With the 16 GP buttons you could recall 16 mute scenes.

To save a current mute pattern, hold the select button depressed and push the GP button you want it to be stored to.

(A note to do so could be displayed like on the pattern save page)

The multiple track selection feature by depressing the mute button could be maintained, but the mute screen would toggle when the

button is released. I must admit that I  have no idea yet how to overcome this,  but perhaps somebody else has.

Mute scenes are feasible, but the described handling conflicts with the multi-mute selection, as you already noticed.

I also find it confusing, if settings for a song have to be done in another page.

Any other ideas?

I wonder if I am the only person who is a little confused by the behavior of the the LEDs on the mute page

probably yes ;)

If there was an option in the record page that could turn OFF/ON the 'immediate echo' of notes being recorded in that would be SUPER DUPER.

no problem

Is it possible to distinguish what Midi input is being recorded etc? (ie the Core or IIC1 or both)

yes, meanwhile the MIDI IN Port for Transposer/Arpeggiator/Recorder can be selected between "All" and an individual port. With a separate selection it's possible to define the MIDI Clock Source port.

Best Regards, Thorsten.