ucapps SID-Station on eBay

Sonnenanbeter

It's http://www.czmok.de/

I know Jan Czmok, aka. unit-sound, one of the first people to finish their MB-6582 finding all the parts themselves.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jczmok/sets/72157602858452147/

This looks like the SID-NUXX he sold on the forum: http://www.midibox.org/forum/index.php/topic,10398.msg78634.html#msg78634

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jczmok/sets/72157602136213649/

The point of this post is to clear Jan from any wrongdoing, it might have his name on the box but he's not selling it.

Fine, now we could discover who bought the unit from Jan and later even get in direct contact with the latter seller. but..

the issue is not about finding the guilty and blaming him.

there's another pan.

It's like the whole idea of this midibox project was and being built on trust and respect between people, people which either appreciate, share, develop or simply feeling grateful for being allowed to be part of other's intellectual, time-consuming contributions, call them whatever you like.

This particular example provides us with a new slippery challenge.

The person who bought the unit from Jan can be absolutely unaware of any midibox regulations.

have an example:

I like sid sound. I browse the net. I get on some forum. I see somebody selling something i seem to like.

I decide to give it a try. I register. I buy. I play.... and i sell. What's wrong with that?  ???

Fine, now we could discover who bought the unit from Jan and later even get in direct contact with the latter seller. but..

the issue is not about finding the guilty and blaming him.

there's another pan.

It's like the whole idea of this midibox project was and being built on trust and respect between people, people which either appreciate, share, develop or simply feeling grateful for being allowed to be part of other's intellectual, time-consuming contributions, call them whatever you like.

This particular example provides us with a new slippery challenge.

The person who bought the unit from Jan can be absolutely unaware of any midibox regulations.

have an example:

I like sid sound. I browse the net. I get on some forum. I see somebody selling something i seem to like.

I decide to give it a try. I register. I buy. I play.... and i sell. What's wrong with that?  ???

I thought that when passing on open source stuff on it was usually part of the requirements to provide a copy of the license????

Hi there,

regarding this nuxx sid: i sold it a while ago to some guy in USA as i finished building the large 8-chip SID and no need for duplicate boxes.

so, THIS exact design is one of a kind (as i had my initials on it, to be exact sure about distribution of the box if it gets on ebay or somewhere).

I exactly built ONE box, so this is a unique one; the panel files are not shared across other people.

so... IMHO it is a legitimate sale from that guy and not a repro one.

cheers

p.s. IIRC the original buyer was informed about the license issues and implications.

It is really hard to get on that forum.....why i really don't know...

Because it is a closed community. You can only get on it if you buy a used machine on ebay or from someone who is a member.

Or i have to beg to get you on. And that is something i am not gonna do it's policy.

I am pleased with my Transistor sequencer.

Because it is a closed community. You can only get on it if you buy a used machine on ebay or from someone who is a member.

Or i have to beg to get you on. And that is something i am not gonna do it's policy.

I am pleased with my Transistor sequencer.

How can a community be closed? Are they God or something? I just want to build one myself and not buy a used one that's already made...takes all the fun out of it. So pleeeeeeeaaaaaase Twin, twist some arms over there for me..please please.

Well i asked an i actually knew the awnser before asking but hey at least i tried.

Here is the responce:

Hi Jeffry,

i would say (never say never) that this first run tends to be the only one.

As soon Helium finishes the housing project id like to close the file.

Not sure but i think that for the TSX project its the same as with ML-303:

*no open source* - *no schematics and layouts given away* - *no free distribution of FW*

Just a little DIY project by some members of lötstelle for members of lötstelle...

Regarding the weeks and months dealing with the group orders i am happy that its over now.

(Well, i think Boris is glad too, when we manage to do the final calculations [interne endabrechung])

Greetings and a nice sunday evening,

So if they do another run i will ask you guys if you are intrested too.