MIDIboxes in Sound & Recording magazine

sneakthief

re. wiki - is it recommended that I post the information that I have here on a new wiki? http://sneak-thief.com/sneakyseq.html

The issue is that the pattern sequencer that I created is pretty specific to my workflow. Would that preclude it from counting as a User Project?

Or should this thread have been started in the general Design Concepts forum? It seems like a gray area to me.

Somebody show me the way! I don't want rock the MIDIbox boat.

Hey Michel,

re. wiki - is it recommended that I post the information that I have here on a new wiki? http://sneak-thief.com/sneakyseq.html

Building a Sneaquencer from scratch surely is a great example of a user project! You are welcome to add your project here: http://www.midibox.org/dokuwiki/user_projects

- and make an official documentation there or link to your resources. This page is also linked on ucapps.de!

There's also programmer's access availble in case you want to add your code to the midibox svn. I think TK manages the access; there's a wiki entry on how to generate a ssh key. You will then also have access to our programmer's dicussion area where we discuss development related (pre-release) issues. And there's also the blog, where projects like these could additionally be promoted  :)

As we have seen many nice projects (and members) coming and going, these efforts are made to keep the projects together and build up a useful resource to make this an even more valuable and nice community :)

Cheers!

Michael

Edit: I see, you're already "Programmer"  :-[  ;D

AC - thanks for the info. I'll figure out how to add my project info. When used in conjunction with a sampler, I like to think of it as an alternative to the ubiquitous Ableton Live - not as powerful, but at least it allows you to not stare at a screen ...like a scruffy little brother of Monodeck :P

This was the first non-TK sequencer, and as such I think it is kinda exempt from the usual prerequisites for being called a user project (IE, doco on the wiki)...but...I'd love to see your doco on the wiki!! If you need any help wikifying the webpages please let me know. I have a script for converting word documents, OpenOffice Writer docs, etc to dokuwiki format, and I can upload the pics for you, etc etc.

Don t you have a script that will write doco by itself? Or at least one that will make order on mine?

Sneaker, thanks for spreading the word, i was wondering waht is that device on top of the Alesis, that looks like a bread toaster..

stryd_one - i don't mind crunching HTML. i've been doing it by hand with notepad since 1995 :) i'll start that next week as this weekend i'm touring in glasgow and have to prepare my setup before i leave.

cimo - would you like a little reverb on your toast?

monacor_rev-25_001.jpg

i'm selling mine because i just finished building a great DIY dual-spring reverb called the Tellun Neural Agonizer:

http://tellun.com/motm/diy/tln156/TLN-156.html

• 1 month later...

nice one, but... this is a delay, right? :)

It's called a Selmer Truvoice Echo 200, it works by using a tape loop and one record and 3 playback heads. The tape spins at a constant speed and using the knobs/switches you can select which of the playback heads to use and the level of feedback sent to the record head.

If you can put up with the incredible amount of noise (mains and tape) you can create some great effects better than many solid state reverbs. Then again, the noise that it generated was nothing compared to the mains hum from his amp (and yes I have that as well!). Note the sexy immitation crocodile skin  :)

cat41a.jpg

Phil (these aren't the actual units, they are in much better condition than mine, pics courtesy of www.vintagehofner.co.uk )