Custom MB-6582 - Work in Progress

Futureman

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing huge, but check out the two different styles of text.

The larger letters were done with "letraset" which is now hard to find / no longer made.. and took ages getting each letter right..

After I did the 'Letraset' text (For all the knobs) I then covered it with about 5 layers of clear acrylic spray.

The other words (Smaller ones) came from my trusty lable maker using clear plastic tape.. you can see the edges of the stickers while close up, but from normal distance, it actually looks real good..

I guess it's a cheap option for the DIYer who does not want to pay big dollars for text on their project (Well, it would not work for a dark coloured case)

Regards

Mike

Thanks for the tip about the lettering. I found some dry transfer lettering from an online model train supply company that should work nicely. For my front panel I decided to have front panel express do everything but the lettering in an effort to keep the cost down. That also gives me more flexibility as far as color and font.

DIY synth pr0n at it's finest  8)

By the way:  On the custom case folding and cutting, AU$265 for that much detail and size is pretty darn good IMHO.  Any chance you can name names?  ;)

Yes, I felt so too with regards to the price... And that included postage!

I just ordered a sequencer case (Similar shape to a TR-707, but wider) for a mate I'm helping.. I'll post that up seperately when I get it in my hands.

Contact details are ->

Cheers Rick Tait , Ph 02 6778 3388

www.lcne.com.au

It would be good if anyone who contacts him regarding quotes mentions my name / this Synth DIY community etc, maybe we could get a good discount / relationship going here.

Regards

Mike