Novation/Focusrite Knobs

toneburst

Just thought someone might be interested: I just managed to get hold of some knobs like those on my Novation XStation from Novation UK. They're a bit pricey, at £10 + VAT + Delivery for 10, but they'll go quite nicely with my MB 6582, I think. I said I needed 11, and the guy siad he'd throw in an extra one for free. I can't find any closeup photos of them, but you can kind of see them in this photo:

57.jpg

They're quite nice and simple, and have a soft-touch rubber-like coating. I'm not sure whether I'm going to go for the ones with the pointer or not, or if I'll get a choice. I'm going to talk to the guy on the phone tomorrow, and I might actually see if maybe I can get some of the Focusrite ones instead, since Novation and Focusrite are part of the same company, now, apparently.

I'll let the forum know how I get one.

a|x

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

HI guys, sorry for the late reply.

I don't think they're quite the same as the Sifam ones, though they are similar in shape. I eventually did buy them from Novation. I was given the option, and went for the ones without the marker line. The only slight issue is that they're only fractionally wider than the holes in the MB-6582 front-panel, so I'll have to get my encoder shafts exactly centered, or you'll be able to see the edge of the cutout.

a|x