Cheap SBlive ADC for 4 inputs!

uclaros

OK, just tried the tarballed version of eagle, and it worked.

Got the files opened, and shit, I can't wait to get started!

Kind of drives me nuts in a way, this interfacing seems so simple once I look at it, but I just didn't know how to do it on my own!

I really need to study some EE (Electrical Engineering) and really get a grasp on these things, I love all of it, I need to truly undersand it.

Thanks again!

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey you guys are awesome, I've been researching parts and stuff to build a cheap adc possibly to adat interface.And I check in on the midibox site and its been here all along.

Anyway I was wondering if you all could let me know where to get the eagle files talked about earlier in this thread. And any text info I can dl.I am not a programmer or an engineer but only a musician on a budget, with a will to learn.Any thing I might can help you all with let me know. Testing or anything. I am purchasing Sblive cards as I am writing this via ebay.

So can I get 8 dig. i/o per card or 16? Also is the highest resolution 16/44.1 or 24/96?Thanks and I look forward to (hopefully) contributing something to this project. ;D ;D ;D ;D :-X

I'm going to work on the website this afternood! so I will put the eagle file on it!

FOr the quality, I read that the emu10k1 can handle 24bit/48kHz data... I don't know how this is handle on the driver side...

There is 14 mono inputs, but we will use only 8. And I think 14 outputs (1 I2S, 4 SPDIF...have to check this)

;)

Thanks so much, gillesdeshays. I appreciate you guys taking time to answer my, newbie, questions.You all have helped me so much too understand more about electronics,programming,analog and digital audio. I hope someday I can return the favor.

keep up the good work ;D

heyhey...

A little update, i etched the quad ADC brd Pilo and Smash put together and I stuffed 2 of the 4 PCM chips. Needless to say they work :)

Great work fellaz, this is gonna expand into one mighty project I can see :)

I wonder if we could ever get near to apogee conversion quality somehow - obviously not with these 10k chips but mebbe sum1 has a few tricks up they're sleeve :P

Best

Dan

Hey D2K !

make some picture of the quad ADC ! ;D

Pilo : what about ya website ? 8)

I had an idea for the "Octo ADC DAC" .... something modular ... in a little rack .....with internal power supply or external ....

and some modules (1*2 Ch ADC, 1*2 Ch DAC, ADAT, SPDIF converter .....

What do you think about that ?

Personal message: Sorry i have many problems with my internet connexion since  1 week .....  but you can reach me by mail ........  

hehe GREAT!!!

nice to see you back Gilles!!!!!

look at the RME ADI converter... maybe we can have something like that (have to work on the s/mux thing, but I know how we can make that with cheap component... need to read some book)...

Well... if anyone wants to help with the web site, no problem :)

for the external Rack : ADAT lightpipe and CAT5 (RJ45) cable ;) this is an idea from SmashTV and I think it may be a very interesting one! But you can have both adat lighpipe and CAT5 cable :)

Maybe other output like TDIF?

and analog ouput :) we have to work on the DAC board :)

But any idea are welcome!

I think the only thing important here is that we many people intersted in it! can't do this alone!! :)

thanks all!! :D

exactly Pilo !

all of you are invited to give us idea !

for the Boox to PC connexion I was thinking of a SUD 25 ...

the cheaper solution ! but i have to make some test to see if it's ok with spdif + i²s in a simple multiwire + shield cable ......

Other think .....i think it's better to use i²S outputs the the SPDIF .... so priority to I²S ...

post here ALL your suggestions ... even if it seems to be crazy .... ;)