Who wants to go halves with me?

Futureman

Jokes about stealing dudes gear is kinda like jokes about boinkin their mother.... You just don't make that joke unless you know the guy well enough for him to take it well.

I've noticed a pattern where only guys with not much gear seem to make those jokes. Maybe it's because you don't realise, that having every dollar you ever earned sitting in a room without you, can make you kinda nervous. I've got insurance, sure... But it doesn't stop me from having a FF tab open next to this one, to watch the security cams around my house while I'm at work. Studio paranoia is a bitch...

Jokes about stealing dudes gear is kinda like jokes about boinkin their mother.... You just don't make that joke unless you know the guy well enough for him to take it well.

I've noticed a pattern where only guys with not much gear seem to make those jokes. Maybe it's because you don't realise, that having every dollar you ever earned sitting in a room without you, can make you kinda nervous. I've got insurance, sure... But it doesn't stop me from having a FF tab open next to this one, to watch the security cams around my house while I'm at work. Studio paranoia is a bitch...

/G tries to find a way of distracting S1 away from his desk.

I can just picture you sat with a shotgun outside your studio in a rocking chair, waiting for them to come a calling.If you're really worried about security you can rent my jack-Russell for a small fee... better than any burglar alarm or shotgun.

Just out of interest, you guys who collect all this vintage gear, is it for playing with or keeping safely wrapped up somewhere out of the way. I have a friend who has literally 1000s of transformers which nobody is allowed to touch, not even him.

I'm totally with you on this one Stryd.....man i even had a dream last week, you know the ones that like you're awake inside your dream.......it scared the living daylights out of me......woke up in a real big sweat and had to check if everything was still there. Paranoia is inside your mind.......

If you're really worried about security you can rent my jack-Russell for a small fee... better than any burglar alarm or shotgun.

Just out of interest, you guys who collect all this vintage gear, is it for playing with or keeping safely wrapped up somewhere out of the way. I have a friend who has literally 1000s of transformers which nobody is allowed to touch, not even him.

+1 for the jack russel. such wonderful dogs. Major little dog syndrome though (Theyr'e bred for that I think ;) ) My wife has one but we have no fence at our new home and her parents are kind of attached anyway, so it lives there and we have visitation rights....

I play my 6 vintage synths/drum machines......well, Iplay them as much as my non vintage ones anyway, which lately has not been nearly enough.......

Just out of interest, you guys who collect all this vintage gear, is it for playing with or keeping safely wrapped up somewhere out of the way.

I do have a bit of kit, but I do play it all.. (Not at once Rick Wakeman style ;]  but it does get used)

I kinda have a 1 year rule, If something doesn't get used for a year, it gets sold...

I'm not rich , but I was lucky in that I was into old synths etc when old synths were certanly not fashionable and hence cheap and sometimes even free!

A few people I know are what you would call collectors.. owning quite a few of the big roland guns, etc.. I never understood that whole 808/909/303 fascination however.. I try and keep my pile a bit more varied.

Regards

Mike