MBNet and CANbus errors

freddy

Hello,

I've build fully-stuffed Wilba's PCBs with 8x SIDs and I am running across communication problems.

When working with CS, it complains it cannot access one of the SIDs (SID3 to be precise, but I doubt it matters). The CS complains about MBNet problems (the message is 'SID3 not available' and '(No MBNet Response)' according to the sources, I cannot find reference to the 'TEXT_CS_MENU_MBNET_NO_RESP' anywhere, however.

Furthermore, after some time of using SIDv2, I get '(CAN Bus Errors)' message and another SID (SID4) becomes unaccessible, however it plays the MIDI events/notes as expected, I just cannot access it and change the parameters. After powering off and back on the SID4 is accessible again, SID3 is not.

Any hints what to look at? I've already measured the PCB links and everything appears to be okay, no shortcuits, no exceeding track resistance, nothing visible. The MIDI itself works okay, I'm still able to use the remaining two cores with no problems.

THanks,

freddy

Thanks for reply, but:

- R80 is in place

- none of the jumpers seem to be missing (which one did you mean, in particular)

- firmware is in there - connecting the LCD to each of the cores (save the master) yields the same message - banner message and info about not launching CS.

• 2 years later...

Hi,

just for the sake of information (and hey, isn't sciencific progress about independent verification of testable hypotheses ;-), I had similar kind of problems, and it helped me too just to reflash the firmware; I reflashed both the MIOS and 6851.hex, so I'm not sure which one of them was the critical one, but anyway it helped.