Linking MidiBox_MF and MidiBox16E?

Guest Perka

Hi,

I am planning on building a MidiBox_MF with 8 motorfaders. Each channel would have one solo button

one mute button and one select button. (with a led on each button)

When i push the select button i want to control(With rotary encoders + led-rings, MidiBox16E?) for example the EQ of the selected channel in my sequencer(Cubase).

I also want one encoder with led-ring above each channel for PAN function.

When i switch banks, both the MidiBox_MF and the 16E must be switched.

If anyone understand what i mean, Is this possible?

/Pär

I want to make the same thing as you! but in 16 channel... I will try it with 8 first, and also only the midi16E...

In fact, what the select bouton is for?

I mean, in the way I see it, it will make the encoder sets the eq, the pan (I want only one encoder per chan), the aux send ect... and the fader only control the volume (so no change is needed).

But, if 8 (or 16) chan is not enought, it must be possible to switch them for example tu set chan 1 to 8 (1 to 16 in my case), and set 9 to 16 (17 to 32)... encoder and fader... so there, the 2 core have to  be set in paralell for that... maybe a firmware change... but I don't understand really how it work (what a core is able to do .....), so I'm going to build the midibox16E, and see what is possible to do next  ;)

After getting information, and change my plan :

8 MF, 16enc, and 24 buttons(?).

I prefer this because : it's cheaper!! and it's fully automatic, so, it's not necessary to put more than 8 fader, because, as I read on mackie's web site, exept you have more than 2 hand, you will not able to move more than 8 fader (wich is, I think, a lot!). So, only 2 cores...

I'm going to test my midi box with N-Track studio, a cheap multi track recorder under windows, wich can be set to use MMC. So, the enc are going to set the pan, eq, aux for un chan, and motor fader the volume. I need button to change the eq control (just 2 + or -, or one per control...) and 2 other to change the channel. This to button will be buffer (by a non-inverter gate), so it's possible to plug them onto the 2 core... and so, all is working!

I think this way is the most simple way... the cheaper to!

For the LCD, I don't know yet... maybe by a simple multiplexing system to switch between the two core, and/or data detect, then it will be possible to select wich core is writing to the lcd, and so print on it...

I've got many design concept (particulary for the led's encoder...), I wish I have the time to make a simple web site to show them!