MIDIbox SEQ V3.4

TK.

...is now available for download: http://www.ucapps.de/mios_download.html

Most of the requested features of the last months (but also my private wishes) have been implemented (hope that the guys are still reading this forum )

-> http://www.ucapps.de/midibox_seq_changelog.html

The remaining feature requests can be found at the bottom of CHANGELOG.txt

Best Regards, Thorsten.

/Edit: uploaded v3_4 again due to another improvement for the MENU button function

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the official version

Ahh, at last !

Thanks TK, great to see my sync idea made it's way into the new version!

I'll try it out as soon as I can, I'm also planning to make a new video with that sync function.

the true version

TK, your timing could be improved!

I've just packed my stuff and unplugged my gear to leave for the holidays and had a last web check,

saw your announcement and went "noooo"

so I'll have to wait till the next year to test the new version. ;)

But nevermind, just strange coincidence, raises the excitement  :D

Great work!

During a play session I noticed, that F1 button behaviour is currently inconsistent to the overworked F3/F4.

Questions to users: would it be ok for you if F1 button behaves like the new F3/F4 button function in future: Utility page only visible so long F1 button pressed, and jump back to previous page when F1 button is released?

Or is it important for you, that only one finger (instead of two) is required to select a utility function?

Best Regards, Thorsten.

according to me is better how it behaves now. when you press the utility button you got a lot of different function for almost all of the 16 GP buttons, and pressing 2 of them simultaneusly could not be so confortable, because for some function you would need both hands.

this is one of the most useful buttons because gives access to the most used functions, and maybe you just press the button, then think... hmmm should i move the step, or the whole track? wait a minute, i just save the pattern before making variations... what about some realtime recording instead?

so: seeing all the commands at once without keeping the finger on the seq could be better... (IMHO)

• 2 weeks later...

There is still a problem with the bank/pattern selection in song/phrase mode. The value for group 4 jumps always back to bank 1 for me when switching the bank/pattern value or selecting another group.

While searching in the source code for the according lines in cs_m_menu.inc I found this:

;; toggle pat/bnk sel
CS_M_SONG_GP_Callback_Sel
  ;; 	btg	CS_STAT, CS_STAT_SONG_EDIT_BNK
  ;; disable - somehow makes no sense here (UI not consistent - time to ask the community, which approach they would prefer)
  ;; 	rgoto	CS_M_SONG_GP_Callback_Cont

I don't think that this is related to the problem though.

Any hint on which line I can try to fix it? I'm a long time pascal and c++ programmer but the assembler stuff is killing me. ;) 

Finally back home and running v3.4.

Thanks for implementing the sync function, work fine and just as I thought it would be!

I also like the "one-finger" mode of F1, no need for a change there.

I can also confirm the G4 Bank Selection bug in Song/ Phrase mode.

It jumps back to the previous value, so if i have a Pattern from Bank 2 on the G4, it'll always jump to 2, no matter which new bank I select.

The jump happens when I press any other button/ turn encoder,

Ok, found the bug :)

The bugfix is already available in the repository.

At the end (after adding some more comments), it turned out that the issue was caused by a single line of code:

Wrong:

;; don't save if cursor pos >= 7
        movlw   0x06
[/code] Correct:
[code]
        ;; don't save if cursor pos >= 7
        movlw   0x07

Note that the comment already gave me a hint about the intended boundary ;)

Any other issues before I'm doing a new release?

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Tested and approved. :)

/edit: Although the initial cursor pos change in Song page doesn't fit my workflow.

I don't use Song Pos that much, so I expect it to be on "Song" when I press the Song Button.

Can I change that back in the source code (cs_m_song.inc) ?

Maybe for SeqV4 it could be selected via the .asm file, if possible.

Although the initial cursor pos change in Song page doesn't fit my workflow.

And it doesn't fit my programming style! ;-)

Can I change that back in the source code (cs_m_song.inc) ?

Open cs_menu.inc, search for the keyword "DIRTY DIRTY DIRTY", and remove everything between BEGIN and END marker

Best Regards, Thorsten.

• 3 months later...

There is an update (v3_4d):

o In Slave Mode the sequencer won't switch to Master mode when the Play button is pushed.
This automatic switching is only available in Auto Mode anymore[/code]

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hey there,

sorry to resurect this old thread, but I only recently uploaded the most recent version of the SEQ3 OS (3.4d) with a few changes for me (J5 gates enabled etc).

It seems the 'sync to measure' throws the pattern out less than a step.. I also noticed that if i put a note at the start, the note gets stuttered, if you know what i mean?

I do dig the sync to measure, because you can throw in any odd timing and know that in say 64 steps it'll get thrown back in sync.

TK, I can imagine you are mainly concentrating on V4 (Which i'm can't wait to take for a spin) , but if you have the time, please re-visit this and see if you can fix up the 'sync to measure'

(That is unless it's something to do with me being an idiot and missing something)

Kind regards

Mike

Hi Mike,

interesting! You and me seem to be the only guys who are using this feature (it's one of my most favourite ones).

According to the svn log, it wasn't working since 298 days, 21 hours, 10 minutes (it was working in v4 of course ;))

Fixed in v3.4e

Best Regards, Thorsten.