MIDIbox SEQ V3.4

TK.

I hope you are not getting annoyed with my questions etc TK.. but I've got another. ;]

I use the "All" button quite a bit... (Well, my sequencers are at the hub of my setup)

I've found myself, sometimes selecting a track that does not have a step in it while the "All" button is enabled. This currently switches on that step, but switches off all the other active steps.

Is it possible that I can deactivate this sort of "inversion" of the steps?

I realise I can should just make sure that the "All" button is off before I select a empty step, but it does seem counter intuative that pressing a un-active step would switch off all the active steps when "All" is on.

As always, the kindest of regards

Mike

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This feature was a special request by Wilba, I could make it optional if desired.

In order to decide about the default behaviour, I would like to know, how many other users like/dislike this function (all triggers inverted when ALL button pressed) - opinions?

Best Regards, Thorsten.

I like the inversion behaviour of the ALL button very much, as I can quickly set up a new track:

1- I start with an empty track

2- Push the all button

3- push any GP button -> all steps get set

4- I use the data wheel to find the right base note, chord, or druminstrument

5- I push again any GP button -> all steps get swiched off

6- Push the all button again

-> Now i built the melodic or rythmic structure by swiching on certain steps and increasing or decreasing

values with the encoders

Best regards Gridracer

In order to decide about the default behaviour, I would like to know, how many other users like/dislike this function (all triggers inverted when ALL button pressed) - opinions?

I don't like this function. I have the same 'problems' like Futureman.

I spoke to my mate (who I helped make his seq) and he doesn't like the inversion feature either... (Honest.. lol)

My main gripe is that it doesn't seem to make sense to switch off all the active steps.. if I have a nicely crafted riff playing, why would I want to turn them all off and fill the blanks with C's ?

I can see that there is a potential time for wanting to flood the whole pattern with the same note (as mentioned by Gridracer)

Maybe this could be done while holding down "All" and pressing another button such as "Layer A" etc? Not sure.. for me, I just slide my finger along the step buttons.. only takes a second.

Kind Regards

Mike.

hello,

i have the same "cursor position" thing on version 3.4 f, also the datawheel is not working anymore.

it changes a couple values but not keep them, it looks like it runs through.

of course i did not make a backup of the old version, that was on there...

can i download the older versions like 3.3 or so somwhere  ???

• 1 month later...

Wasn't this issue fixed in v3.4e? I tested it myself, and futureman probably as well?

If there is still an issue with this function, I need to know more details how to reproduce it.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

V3.4f is finally available.

From the ChangeLog:

o built for MIOS V1.9g (or higher) to support new encoder types.
    Rotary encoders won't work with older MIOS versions!

o Groove function now takes the global step has reference instead of the local step.
    This results into better results on a non-linear step progression.

o Bank of group #1-#4 can now be selected via CC#116..CC#119

o due to various user requests, the previously introduced "set/clear all trigger"
    function has been disabled by default.
    It can be enabled again with the DEFAULT_BEH_ALL_WITH_TRIGGERS switch in setup_*.asm
    0: only parameter layers are modified by ALL function
    1: all trigger and parameter layers are modified by ALL function
[/code]

Please update your MIOS installation before uploading this new version!

Best Regards, Thorsten.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...