MidiBox R4d Core PI

fh

Smash TV now lists 3 pics PICfor the MidiBox Core; PIC18F452, PIC18F4620 and PIC18F4685.  The first MIDIO128 I built uses the PIC18F452.  It looks like Smash TV is recomending the PIC18F4685 now for the default Core PIC.  Does anyone have any experiance using either the PIC18F4620 PIC or PIC18F4685 PIC in a MIDIO128 configuration.  I am working on an organ with 2 61 key manuals and an organ with 3 61 key manuals.  Both organs hava e 32 key pedal namual.

4620 should be OK (perhaps with a minor modification) but 4685 would probably not be suitable.

My guess is that the 4685 is the default in the list at smash's shop, simply because there are so many people making MBSIDv2, which is the only app that requires a 4685 at present.

Thanks.  I think there is enough documentation to support the minor differences between the software changes between the 452 and the 4620 to make it easy to go with the 4620.  I was nervous about trying the 4685 for my application.  I wish wiring old organ keyboards was as easy as choosubg the MNHP platform.