group buy #2 for ultracore (core + 4x IIC + 8 banksticks)

ultra

hi! i wanted to add me with 1 pcb to the list, but i couldn't edit the page somehow...

i hope this doesn't mean the group buy#2  is already finished!

btw one more question concerning mbseqV3: i hope that V3 won't be all obsolete with the release of V4??

thanks

hi! i wanted to add me with 1 pcb to the list, but i couldn't edit the page somehow...

Error message?

Were you logged in?

btw one more question concerning mbseqV3: i hope that V3 won't be all obsolete with the release of V4??

It's offtopic in here, but of course it will. That's like saying " I hope XP does'nt make win2k obsolete" :)

What are you worried about anyway? If v3 does everything you need, you can always make a v3...

hm, i don't know... i'm logged in as schmöker here in the forum.

but on the group buy page there's no "edit this page" button or something like that.

so i can't see how to change anything.

show pagesource: read only and if i try to log in (still being logged in on the forum) it keeps on saying

that i'm logged out and either name or password are wrong.

It's offtopic in here, but of course it will. That's like saying " I hope XP does'nt make win2k obsolete" :)

What are you worried about anyway? If v3 does everything you need, you can always make a v3...

yes, i see. i was just wondering if V3 will still be supported while V4's running for it can take some time

until i'll finally build it... but i think about building & using more than one seq anyway and V3 already is

a very nice machine. but i think i'm going more & more offtopic now...

i'm ok with off-topic.  this thread isn't much more than to announce the group buy anyway.

look for the "log in" button on the wiki.  i think i have to log in, even if i'm logged into the forum.  if that doesn't work, and you want to order, just put it here and i'll edit the page for you.

i'm not sure what you mean by "supported".  maybe look at it like "used by the community".  i think that people will continue to use it because it may be enough for them, and you can always get your questions answered and find the information here.  i'm pretty sure tk isn't going to remove the v3 info once v4 comes out :).

personally, i like using the ultracore pcb as a development board because it has everything you need right on it, and especially the lcd pinouts and extra lcd header are handy to have.  i'll be using a seq v4 but i won't run out of uses for my ultracore.

it keeps on saying

that i'm logged out and either name or password are wrong.

I guess you use the same username/password combination to log into the wiki, as you use on the forum? Are you blocking a cookie? That would break it.... Maybe you need to clear the cookies and restart your browser before you try again...Perhaps the special character in your username is making troubles...

Yes, all the MIOS apps will continue to be "supported"* after the new hardware release. MIOS32 is overkill for most applications. In the private forum TK made it clear that this is definitely NOT a "bin your old stuff" moment.

* Ultra kinda said it all about "supported". Nothing here is really officially supported, but you know the kind of support that occurs, regardless. If people are using it, people can (and usually will) help. If you find a bug, TK or others can (and usually will, if it's possible) fix it.... It's all good :)

now i've tried again but log in keeps failing. i don't know whether it has to do with the "ö" in my name but it doesn't work. i also tried the general login again and that worked as expected. i also told my pc to accept all cookies from now on, started the browser again but still it won't let me edit. so please if you are so kind to do that for me i'd like to order:

schmöker 1 PCB

in any case i'll build the MBSEQV3 so using your pcb design is as far as i can see the best solution for me. i was concerned about the support for V3 when V4 will be launched because it will run with a complete other chip and i could possibly miss some help/answers in case v3 will then be obsolete. and that this pcb can't be used to upgrade to 4 is no real reason not to use it because i think the V3 won't be the last seq i build anyways. by now i'm using my oldskool atari st with c-lab's notator SL for all sequencing but i like using hardware sequencers very much. and building sid and fm synths just increases the need for more devices...

...and all those seqV3 videos make me drool for that machine!

so thanks for helping!

I guess you use the same username/password combination to log into the wiki, as you use on the forum? Are you blocking a cookie? That would break it.... Maybe you need to clear the cookies and restart your browser before you try again...Perhaps the special character in your username is making troubles...

thanks, stryd_one, you were faster than i. i think i'll try to change my name if that's possible, don't need that ö anyway...

Edit: ok, changed my name but keeps on giving the same error message: name or password were wrong

i'll give up, but with a new name!

Try the other stuff i mentioned first, as it's quite possibly a browser error (Usually is)

Anyway, I know that for example /tilted/ had trouble logging in, because of the non-alpha characters. If you are convinced that is the problem, then you can't fix it by changing your name on the forum, because that is only the display name, and does not change your account name - it's only changing what gets shown in the left hand column here.... Send Twin-X a PM to ask him to rename your account to "schmoker".

awesome.

the bulk order says it ended two days ago, but it'll be just a few more days.  i have a wiring contract to take care of this week and between that, school, and my job, i'll be busy 100% of the time.

so don't worry, it'll be taken care of soon.

anybody who's already ordered and sees this can PM me their shipping info.

ultra

the bulk order says it ended two days ago, but it'll be just a few more days.  i have a wiring contract to take care of this week and between that, school, and my job, i'll be busy 100% of the time.

in my case there's no need to hurry... i won't start with the sequencer before march/april anyway. i'm just glad you're doing that bulk again!

• 2 weeks later...