Uploading Apps Issues

matyt

I'm hesitant to help you matyt, because last time you asked for my help, I gave you the answer, and then two days later you posted here asking the same question, and got the same answer (about using the change id app via com, or re-burning the pic). It seemed that you hadn't listened, so helping you was a waste of my effort..... But I'll try again anyway.

Looks like the core is endlessly rebooting.... First things first, pull the chips and check your voltages, just to be sure that further tests won't fry it. We'll do some more tests after you have confirmed that.

In response to slumgud... those images are part of the midi troubleshooting guide on ucapps, and you should follow that whole procedure, not just these two images.

It's very unlikely that a broken opto will cause endless upload requests like in your screenshot, It would be slightly different: With a broken opto, and only the bootloader, but no MIOS installed, then the core will send an upload request every two seconds. It will never receive the uploaded data (due to the broken opto) so it will continue to send an upload request every two seconds, even if you are already uploading.

In your screenshot, it is requesting an upload far more frequently than every 2 seconds. That indicates that the core is actually rebooting. I'm not convinced that this is really "the exact same problem".

Sideline note: This is why it's important to paste logs - small differences in the logs can tell us quite a lot! (screenshots like you did are also OK but text is preferable as it is easier to paste and easier to manipulate)

Well... you should be doing the core voltage test. The midi troubleshooting is a different process. If the voltages are OK, and you don't find any short circuits in the midi circuitry on the core, then try the midi troubleshooting and paste your results here... we'll get it :)