SID vs Midibox big box ( Thorsten )

Ian_Hurlock

Hi TK

I have had a look at your SID enviro. Cool.

I have looked long and hard at the SID bits page also.

Still I cannot work out wether I can control all the goodies( functions ) on the SID from just 1 core mb64.

Looking at the Logic enviro ( and counting up the knobs ) I see 60 knobs. However there are some other adjustable parameters. What are these things.

Bottom line is how many knobs are needed to get it all from this thing ?

Also, does the audio input accept a normal mono analogue stream ?

TIA

Ian

Hi Ian,

it makes no sense to control all available parameters with a MIDIbox64, thats the reason why I want to design a dedicated user interface. Biggest problem are all the flags for the waveform, LFO, ENV, Filter assigments, which must behave like toggle switches... I think that nobody wants to build a big controller box with over 100 buttons, just to have access over 10 of them during the daily work. The main purpose of the hardware user interface will be to provide a more efficient control with an adequate number of pots and buttons (maybe 30 pots and 20 buttons... but I don't want to tie down myself before I have implemented all sound features!), with some LEDs (must) and with messages on a (optional) LCD.

Temporary usemodels:

• use any MIDIbox controller for parameters which should be accessed directly (tuning, LFO, ADSR, filters) in conjunction with your sequencer program or MIDI-OX to switch on/off the waveforms and LFO/ENV/filter assigments
  • create a MIDI control interface with your sequencer if it provides such a function - Logic: Environment, Cakewalk: Studioware Panel, Cubase: Studiomap
  • wait for Serge's MIDIbox SID editor :)

Audio-In: yes, it's a common audio input, you can connect it with any Audio source (another SID module, another synthesizer, a microphone amplifier, ...)

Best Regards, Thorsten.