Video: MIDIbox SeqV3.4: Sync and Flow (demo #3)

stuartm

Hey fellow boxers,

I've made another MBSeq demo video with the new v3.4 version, mainly because of the sync feature,

which finally enables me to jam on a continuous running groove between the MBSeq and Ableton Live,

again i've taken some time to add an voice-over comment

Check it out on Vimeo:

Older MBSeq demos can also be found there.

Never stop the clock ! ;)

Really well done - not only technical-wise (e.g. the voice-over), but also sound-wise.

I especially like how you combine MBSEQ with other sequencers. IMHO this results into a much better workflow than playing everything from the MBSEQ, as every sequencer has it's own strengths and optimized user interface (e.g. it's much easier to setup sample loops in ableton than triggering the samples from MBSEQ)

And I realized, that I've to add new features to MBSEQ V4 very carefully to ensure, that you can still operate so quickly with your fingers like demonstrated in this video! :)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Thanks for all your comments!

Really encourages me to do more stuff like this.

For those interested, I've got recordings of the first (Paragraphenreiter) and third track (Wohnwand 2) in the video stored online:

/edit: the MP3 were somewhat mangled, reuploaded them:

http://share.ovi.com/channel/stuartm-share.public

Of course, played live on the MBSeq ;-)

(shall I put this into the "Songs & Sounds" section, too?)

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

It's already implemented as alternative function for the metronome button (press MENU + METRONOME)

Unfortunately you haven't told us if you are using V3 or V4, this makes it difficult to give you an explicit help :-(

MBSEQ V3 users: If you want to use the METRONOME button to directly access this function (w/o pressing MENU), replace

DIN_ENTRY SEQ_BUTTON_Metronome, 1, 3
[/code] by:
[code]
DIN_ENTRY SEQ_BUTTON_ExtMIDIStart, 1, 3
in your setup_*.asm file If you want to assign a different/additional button, just add a new button entry with the appr. SR and pin number MBSEQ V4 users: edit this entry in your MBSEQ_HW.V4 file on SD Card

BUTTON_EXT_RESTART 0 0
[/code]

Best Regards, Thorsten.