Confusion about Capacitor/Resistor Direction

grnsky

Hi. I just have one other question about the capacitors and resistors that came with my CORE kit from SmashTV.

I know the direction matters on the larger capacitors with unequal lengths - longer stick is positive right? How about the other capacitors - the little blue ones that I believe are the 100nF and the little mustard color one that I believe is 330nF and then also the orange 33pF ones. Does the direction matter at ALL on those ones?

Sorry, but I am not an engineer so I really don't know and I'm trying my best here not to screw up. I assume the resistors are all nondirectional (directional does not matter), is this correct?

Thank you!

Just to clarify this, the little blue and mustard coloured capacitors (303nF 100nF and 33pF) are non-polarised so the direction of installation also doesn't matter.

The electrolytic capacitors (the bigger ones) have lots of "-" signs on the body which indicates which is the negative terminal.

Thanks

Phil