MIDIbox SEQ V4 Teaser

TK.

Demonstration of an early alpha version of the upcoming MIDIbox SEQ V4.

Stereo Version at Vimeo

Many planned features are not available yet. However, most functions of MBSEQ V3 have already been re-implemented in C for the new MBHP_CORE_STM32 module and for an accurate PC/Mac based emulation. I also started to add new functions which were too complex for the old PIC based core.

[0:00] new frontpanel designed by Wilba (but the firmware will also support the frontpanel of MBSEQ V2 and V3)

[0:02] a drum track can play up to 16 instruments

[0:10] patterns are stored on a SD card now, and can be loaded (and stored) w/o sequencer hickups

[0:18] zoomed step view (shows 64, 128, 256 steps on a single page)

[0:10] snare is triggered with the overworked (more flexible) roll function at 384ppqn resolution

[0:20] new pattern selection page with pattern labels and categories

[0:23] MIDIbox SID V2 in bassline mode

[0:30] Roll function used on the bassline

[0:38] a loopback track controls the transposer, it doesn't matter anymore at which position this track is located

[0:53] Piano controlled from a track in chord mode

[1:13] some randomly selected chords

[1:24] simple synth line

[1:45] now with MIDI echo in Force-to-Scale mode (synth is in mono mode, therefore only one sound will be played - it sounds like an arpeggio)

[2:14] a second MIDIbox SID bassline is played

[2:43] slowly muting the tracks

[3:00] thanks for listening! :-)

This track has been made in a 2 hours session on a sunday afternoon after the last blocking bugs have been fixed

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Thanks! :)

I've to upload a new version, as there was a mistake in the mix (bassline too loud) - I noticed this while listening the video on YouTube. Sorry - but hey, it's a teaser ;)

/Edit: updated the link

Best Regards, Thorsten.

• 4 weeks later...

This is sweet, nice work! It appears that I've been away for far long time as there seems to be so much new to explore! Will really look forward on this, maybe have to finally put together SEQ of my own...

But aren't those 32-bit micros just sweet as well? We have found that most of the recent projects at work are also based on similar chips (ARM7) as today the price is almost the same as 8-bit devices and you are having alot less limitations to deal with. It's not until higher production volumes when you really have to pay some attention on the micro to cut down the costs.

I'm also happy that I'll be able to use the same tools with the MBHP_CORE_STM32  :D

• 5 weeks later...