Using the universal Eclipse IDE

Guest julienb

is someone using it ??

As far as I know only one or two people use it for midibox development. which is why there is only that doco - although it seems to explain what you need to do to get it working, it talks about SDCC integration, but not makefiles... I'm not sure if it's totally up to date/finished?

That said, I'm sure Eclipse would be able to handle whatever we need. It is very full-featured - on the flipside, that's why many avoid it... it can be a bit slow and bloaty.... Is there a specific reason you wanted to use Eclipse? Depending on your needs and uses (cross platform, other languages/projects, OS, hardware specs), there may be preferable (lighter, faster, better language support, better documented, more midibox support, blah, blah) options....

• 11 years later...
On 13.2.2009 at 7:57 PM, stryd_one said:

As far as I know only one or two people use it for midibox development. which is why there is only that doco - although it seems to explain what you need to do to get it working, it talks about SDCC integration, but not makefiles... I'm not sure if it's totally up to date/finished?

That said, I'm sure Eclipse would be able to handle whatever we need. It is very full-featured - on the flipside, that's why many avoid it... it can be a bit slow and bloaty.... Is there a specific reason you wanted to use Eclipse? Depending on your needs and uses (cross platform, other languages/projects, OS, hardware specs), there may be preferable (lighter, faster, better language support, better documented, more midibox support, blah, blah) options....

Hello there,

this might be an old thread but maybe this question will still be answered..

I've only just started out working with MIDIbox, so I set up Eclipse as an IDE (primarily because I used it in the past), but also it seemed like best choice to do from what I read on uCapps. The only other alternative depicted there is "Code Blocks". Never heard about that before, so I can't make an assumption if it's good/bad. You seem to know more alternatives for developing, and I thought maybe you could tell some better options than Eclipse. I mean what do you use for example? And is there any resource where one can look up all the possibilities for IDEs?