gm5x5x5 Bulk order #2 - done

nILS

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

First to confirm: m00dawg 123 seconds after the PM was sent. You win a beer. If I ever meet you in real life, remind me to buy a round ;)

Haha wow I didn't think 'd be the first nor that I would have send you one only 2 minutes after you send them out. I'll definitely take you up on that beer if we ever cross paths IRL. Either way, thanks again for putting this bulk order together!

Edited by m00dawg

In my case (yellow/green LEDs with 1k resistors) it pulls ~95mA while sending and receiving sysex on all 5 outputs/inputs

I had a thought: if the current consumption is so low, then wouldn't it make sense to replace all the LED current limiting resistors with a couple of trimpots? You could set LED intensity for same function LEDs to taste: 15ma * 5v = 0.075 * 5 LEDs = 0.375 watts, which many trimpots can handle and seeing as the LED's don't stay on that current consumption is worse case. Or is my math wrong?

Edited by Breeze

If you are ankage or michael123 get in touch with me NOW or you'll be dropped from the list.

Tamiflu, ErilineKonn, audio-mobster, unrise_lyrical, Jason Milstead, unit-sound, Dr_Nick: Please send in the data as requested per PM asap.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I just noticed that Reichelt doesn't have the Midiport MAB 5 SH

anymore. They have been replaced by MABP 5 S.

Don't know what has changed but the pcb layout shouldn't be affected by it as far as I can tell?

(Well actually I'll build my box with my brother, he knows more about this stuff, I just need a working midi interface, so don't take my word)

Anyway if anybody wants to have a second look, I have attached the datasheets...

C160_MABP5S.pdf

110122_D.pdf

Hi,

I just noticed that Reichelt doesn't have the Midiport MAB 5 SH

anymore. They have been replaced by MABP 5 S.

Don't know what has changed but the pcb layout shouldn't be affected by it as far as I can tell?

(Well actually I'll build my box with my brother, he knows more about this stuff, I just need a working midi interface, so don't take my word)

Anyway if anybody wants to have a second look, I have attached the datasheets...

I had a quick look at it. The MABP5S has 10 mm between the front ground pins. The MAB 5 SH has 5 mm between the front ground pins.

The PCB of the gm5x5x5 provides holes for both options so it shouldn't be a problem.

• 2 weeks later...

If you are ankage or michael123 get in touch with me NOW or you'll be dropped from the list.

Tamiflu, ErilineKonn, audio-mobster, unrise_lyrical, Jason Milstead, unit-sound, Dr_Nick: Please send in the data as requested per PM asap.

Hello Nils,

Found "by accident" this e-mail topic. Expected somehow reponse to my e-mail address after puuting my name michael12 and amount

to both bulk orders. Now I found today this forum and your your e-mail. What to do from my side?

Thanks and Regards,

Michael 123