• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

nILS,

Most sincere apologies,

its has been nuts and for some reason all my midibox forum emails were caught my spam filters.

I will make payment in the Ammount of €22.34 EUR on Friday March 26th.

I don't login to this board as much as I should...

Tim

Anyone have recommendations on a case for the GM5x5x5? In doing measurements, it looks like it would fit in a half-length rackmount case? Are the dimensions of the board fairly common? My goal is to see if I can find a clear plastic box for it or have one made via Pokono but I may have to settle with something less flashy for the time being, and have thought about a rackmount case (as soon as I have some rack space :)

Anyone have recommendations on a case for the GM5x5x5? In doing measurements, it looks like it would fit in a half-length rackmount case? Are the dimensions of the board fairly common? My goal is to see if I can find a clear plastic box for it or have one made via Pokono but I may have to settle with something less flashy for the time being, and have thought about a rackmount case (as soon as I have some rack space :)

I put mine in a 1U rack case to fit all the ten midi connectors. I can post pictures if interested.

Yeah if you don't mind, or send me a PM if you prefer. Are you using a full-length 1U case? I was hoping on saving some space there and was going to mount my ports to the board (at least for this one) since I don't be touring with it or anything. I'm actually looking for a clear top case since I can see the LEDs that way without having to route them elsewhere :)

Yeah if you don't mind, or send me a PM if you prefer. Are you using a full-length 1U case? I was hoping on saving some space there and was going to mount my ports to the board (at least for this one) since I don't be touring with it or anything. I'm actually looking for a clear top case since I can see the LEDs that way without having to route them elsewhere :)

You can do them at ponoko reasonably cheap. I did mine in bambo but clear acrylic would not be any more expensive

gallery_3870_24_5125.jpg

Edited by Altitude

Ooh that looks nice! Know of any software one can use that is reasonably cheap for making the Pokono templates and/or would you be willing to share your template design? :)

You can use Illustrator, Correldraw, Freehand, or Inkscape (which is free)

My file is available here: http://midiot.net/gm555a.eps

and the general templates are here: http://www.ponoko.com/make-and-sell/downloads#templates

Edited by Altitude

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Nils,

Already in the list for 2 boards, I would be happy to take 5 instead if you have enough for everybody else on the list.

I would have edited the Wiki Page myself but I cannot figure out my I cannot login to do so ... Strange.

So if still available I would like to get a total of 5 boards.

Thanks and just take your time

• 2 weeks later...