red x0xb0x for sale (SOLD)

Sasha

I`m selling my self sourced/build x0xb0x with custom PCPs that differs a little bit from from ladyada`s - all buttons are in line and Rest, Accent and Slide buttons has horizontal orientation. I used 3mm red LEDs as I find it more elegant than those 5mm used on ladyada`s box. The x0xb0x is new, I haven`t got time to use it. I supply 220V transformer with it. I`m asking 650 EUR 500 EUR for it + shipping. For more details and questions feel free to send me a PM.

2988125610_2a91afdeed.jpg

2987265573_cf0be53842.jpg

2987265563_88049ff278.jpg

2987265567_922a52d369.jpg

3000272501_4244b9d80b.jpg

3052910806_e843bb569d.jpg

Hi,

Nice job on your x0x - very neat. Do you really have no time for it? Seems a shame, like a lot of effort has gone into that one.

higher state - what fun.

btw, what reverb are you using in the demo videos?

Good luck for your sale.

Thanks madox. Lack of time isn`t reason for sale... what I wanted to say is that, even I made it some time ago, it is new as I barely used it. When I started x0xb0x batch I planed to build and sell 2 machines. I need money right now and I still have some more parts to build myself new x0xb0x.

The reverb is from Ableton Live.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeh that's a super nice x0x for super cheap, I'm surprised it hasn't gone already!

Yep, what's wrong with these people? Would be nice if it went in to the midibox community rather than ebay. I'd take it myself but am already building two of them, I don't think I can justify a third  ;)

Well, I`m kind of surprised myself even considering world economic crisis.  :(

It'd get snapped up super quick on ebay... would you have problems receiving payment in Serbia? If you get stuck then I could probably take paypal payment and transfer the funds over to you.

Yes, main problem with ebay and Serbia is paypal. I need to accept paypal as a first payment on ebay and I can offer a other services optionally. But, actually, I can only accept Moneybookers, wire transfers and western union. So, when sale on ebay expired I didn`t renew it because I don`t actually accept paypal.

Also, as there is no Serbian ebay I register on UK, so when filling the ebay forms for shipping, I couldn`t do it right. Like... I must state one domestic (UK) shipping service. This was my first attempt to sell something on ebay but I couldn`t realize it like it should be so I just quit my ebay attempt for selling.

It is very kind of you to offer me help with transaction, but not sure how to realize it? Trought your ebay, or somehow just trough your paypal?

Wouldn`t it be a lot of fees till I get the money. I would appreciate some advice.

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/sell/fees.html

Looks like it would be £1.30 to list the item (I think it's a little more if you want to adda  few images and sound clips).

And then the Final value fee would be £40.

Paypal would charge 3.4% + £0.20 of the sale price as a transaction fee.

The Western Union fee would probably be between £35 - £45 (which is expensive), Although I think the chances of getting a buyer to send this much money via western union are very remote as it's notoriously dodgy and can be used for illegal activity.

http://www.natwest.com/personal/travel-international/g2/international-payments/send-money-abroad.ashx

I can send money through my bank.... "Standard Transfer" would be £20 and there is also a fee for you to receive which you will have to investigate.... I can opt to have the receiver pay all of these fees.

The best way would probably to list it on my ebay account and make sure the listing states that it is based in Serbia and may take a couple of weeks to arrive.

I've just seen your ebay listing.... it looks fine, although, as mentioned earlier people may be wary of the western union thing... You could setit up again on your ebay and list my paypal account, just bear in mind that Including all fees it will cost you £61.39 plus your receving fee to send it (based on selling for £550 = £35 postage)... You should still end up with around 500EUR for it though.

Give it another couple of weeks on here (have you tried advertising on ladyada too?) and we can talk then.

Eddie, let`s wait and see if somebody is interested with this price. I think it is pretty attractive and it is only for direct sale. If I go trough ebay again, it wan`t be less than 600EUR.

Regarding the shipping from Serbia... well, it is not couple of weeks... Only way of shipping that makes sense from here is trough FedEx. Is takes 2-3 days. It is not cheap but it is trackable and very safe. Additional, full insurance it also option.

Yes, I listed my box in ladyada forum but seams nobody is interested. ???

Does it have the BA662 on board?

Of course not. It has BA6110 like all other x0xb0x-es around. If you check the tests of those 2 chips on ladyada forum, you`ll see there is no difference. It just makes no sense to use BA662.

Of course not. It has BA6110 like all other x0xb0x-es around. If you check the tests of those 2 chips on ladyada forum, you`ll see there is no difference. It just makes no sense to use BA662.

Why not?? I have one lying around here just for that special occasion that i'm gonna build a x0x......i also got rid of my TBS because it just didn't sound right....

And the nice thing is a friend just gave the BA662 to me :)

Why not?? I have one lying around here just for that special occasion that i'm gonna build a x0x...

If you would feel better because of that as others that used BA, than do it, but to me still makes no sense. Off course, if you have some around it is bit different but still... Read the ladyada forum.

i also got rid of my TBS because it just didn't sound right....

What is TBS?

http://www.geuggis.com/tb-303/tbs303.htm

It is a old TB-303 clone. It used to be one of the best around so i don't understand why it does not sound right?

Instead of using a BA6xx VCA they made a VCA constructed out of a transistor circuit. He (the inventor of the TBS-303) told me this.....recently i visited him because he was selling some HOSA snake cable. They totally stopted production a while ago....you know kids and stuff......but Twin you also live in N-H right? He's from Zwaag near Hoorn. The story goes that the famous Syntecno TeeBee which is also from the Netherlands was copied from that TBS-303 pcb circuit. There was a huge riot at that time because Syntecno thought the TBS guys copied their midikit......something like the chicken and the egg story.....

@ Kartoshka is this so? I thought 6110 is a clone from the 662......but maybe you're right and the specs are the same of both chips.....

@ Sasha I love the way your x0x looks btw.

@ Kartoshka is this so? I thought 6110 is a clone from the 662......but maybe you're right and the specs are the same of both chips.....

He is right, the specs are the same. It is not a clone chip. Search the ladyada forum for detailed tests.

@ Sasha I love the way your x0x looks btw.

Thank you

Hm, I like the sound of the TBS.

OkayOkay the sound wasn't that bad but it just wasn't my thing a midi driven 303.....i just love things with its own sequencer....works fast more portable.......but first i have to complete some other diy before i start building my own x0xb0x....