MidiBox64E noob Question

rick.repsher

OK, I've spent the last few weeks perusing the forum and I'm still a little lost.  Im a keyboard player with a multi unit setup. I'd like to build a controller with encoders to basically send sysex messages to my setup (volume, etc, and patch selections.)  I'd also like to be able to store multiple "patches."  Basically, it would function as "the mother ship."

I definitely have the chops to build the components and enclosure, but I'm a little confused on what programming skills I'll need out of the box.  I've written quite a few programs in VB (my day job.)

Comments, suggestions?

Thanks

Rick

From what you have just described i would say very very little programming skill is required to achieve what you want to be honest.

I believe the editors for both MIDIBox 64 and 64e allow you to send SYSEX by setting up META events.

So really it is as simple as building the box and configuring it, I really dont see anywhere you will need coding to achieve what you want ;)

Flexi

I'm feeling like the hardware is the hard part, the software isn't really coding per se, more just finding out what parameters to edit in the existing MB applications. I'd bet you could find instructions here or at the dokuwiki for anything you want to do. Unless you want to totally add a new feature or write a whole new app, you shouldn't need to do any coding from scratch.

And multiple patches would probably fall under the "Bankstick" category - lots of info there, too. :)