Midibox LC, more than 8 faders?

cinhcet

Hello together

First, to my person, I'm Danny, coming from Germany(Baden-Württemberg), playing piano and guitar and my new hobby is recording.

But I hate controling the DAW with a mouse. Foremost, I thought, I must buy one of these very expensive DAW-Controlers, but than, I found your very interesting projects. They're really nice! Good job!!

So, I decided to build a Midibox LC, but I've got some questions:

As far as I know one Core(with the LC application) can only handle 8 motorfaders, but I want to have 9(8 chanels, one for the master).

And for only one extra fader, I don't want to build a extra Core(costs). Is there a way? The Midibox 64 for example, can handle 64 analog inputs or fail it due to the performance of the PIC? If all else fails, can I have only 7 chanel fader and one for the master?(leaving out the whole "chanelstrip" for that master chanel, including the encoder and the buttons.)

Furthermore I wanted to ask, what do you think about a new Alps motorfader bulk order?

Thanks ahed

With best regards

Danny

... and my new hobby is recording.

... and when you have spent some more time with your new hobby, you'll find out that you don't really need the master fader for recording/mix down.

Your 8 faders are better "invested" by using them for your channels. And when once you really need a master fader, you always can switch your banks all the way to the end and have the master on your faders (depending on your host application).

Greets, Roger

Thanks for your answers!

You all convinced me. It's ture, you don't need a motorized master fader.

May I ask something else?

Can I use two 2x24 LCD displays? I have them at home already.

What I had to modify to use 2 2x24 Displays?

Danny

Edit: There is an other Thread dealing with the same problem(LCD)