MBSEQ v3 with CV Outs in large MOTM format

moogah

Here is where I'm at with the other half of my MOTM controllers (the other piece being the standard MBCV for connecting to a DAW).  I'm going to use E-Switch 5500 Series switches since I've got about half a carton left from the first couple batches of MB808's and I'll use standard pad-per-hole to hold the buttons (the encoders will be attached directly to the panel).  I'm going to try using a switched encoder for the Menu button.  Currently this layout is missing a few labels and the neccessary mounting holes for the perfboard, I'm thinking about creating a subpanel in FPE to mount everything to so there are fewer screws on the front panel.

EDIT:  Almost done now, but I'm not ready to order this just yet.  I'm going to wait until I have my MBCV module in hand (which is using some of the same ideas) so that I can see how well some of this will work before spending money on this layout.  I'd also like to find some alternatives for the subpanel.  FPE only works with aluminum and I'd really rather find a place which can work with steel for the subpanel.  This would allow me to try out some ideas to simplify how everything stacks together.  Also, the subpanel alone costs 70$ right now (!!) due to having countersunk screw holes on the reverse side.... quite the luxury!   ;)

MBSEQ_MOTM_Subpanel.JPG

MBSEQ_MOTM_WithSubpanel.JPG

MBSEQ_MOTM_Subpanel.JPG

MBSEQ_MOTM_WithSubpanel.JPG

Crap.... another on my todo list now because of you :(

And so begins my plans for werld domination!  mua-ha-ha!

@Moogah: Do you have a "batch" of switches for me (fitting the numbers) and the FPD file when ready ?

Possibly, keep watching this thread and we can talk about it once I have an actually finished unit assembled and have verified the CAD.

I'm about halfway finished with creating a sub-panel assembly which will hold the LCD's, MB modules and pad-per-hole for the buttons.  I'm working on placing cutouts for wiring at the moment... funfun..  Hopefully when I'm done I'll have a Wilba-esq "flat" sequencer.

• 10 months later...

I have plans building a mb seq for my motm size modular.

Looking for info I found this thread. Unfortunately I can't see the panel design.

Is it possible to post some more info on your design?

It would save me a lot of time I I could see your design and panel.

The paneldesign is only up to you.....

The Default Design based on the Paneldesigner from Shaeffer you can found here:

Default .fpd File (right klick to download)

here the Paneldesigner (only Windows)

Paneldesigner

Some nice Midiboxes.... Designs

my own SEQ V4

3903706040_e03bf960c7_o.jpg

Edited by Schrittmacher