MIDIbox of the Week (MB808 with nice selfmade acryl frontpanel)

TK.

This MB808 has been built by Richard. Note that the acryl frontpanel is selfmade!

He wrote:

I've just finished my mb808.

Maybe you have some space for pictures ?? (But i don't find any 808's ??)

I'am lucky to own a laser cutting/engrave system so i can make nice frontplatters for all my (MB)synths.. :-)

Check: www.frontplaten.net

Thanks for all the good work !!

Richard.

Holland

resync1.jpg

resync2.jpg

resync3.jpg

If you would like to get a similar frontpanel for your project, or even more customized one, feel free to contact him. :)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah nice Richard....this guy is a friend of mine and he is located right around the corner of where i live. I told him to put it up here.....thanks TK for posting his work. ;)

I've been at his workspace and really the possibillities are legion. You've got choice of any font you can think of and any color you desire.

He is also doing the frontplate of SIDDER, that i'm currently designing.

But first things first......i've just completed the build of my 9090 with integrated MB Seq V3 in a desktop case. The frontplate i designed will be lasered next week by Richard and offcourse i'll be posting some pics of that here to. Think in the way the SCI Pro One is designed. Real jummie stuff.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah Richard ownes his own laser cutter....he has a company that does all kinds of promotional stuff and dtp work.

Also good for stickers etcetera.....

And i don't know if Richard is already active on this forum.....i'll be seeing him next week for my 9090 with MB SEQ so i'll ask him.

Nice!

You own your own laser cutter/engraver ?....   Hope you're prepared for a full inbox!

dender, if i were to send him my front panel and case work schematics would he be able to cut and then do the markings for me? i have everything laid out ready with full measurements etc. the company i was checking with over here in the uk is seriously extortionate

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know with which program you designed your frontpanel. For Richard's machine it requires a design made in Coreldraw since this is the program the laser cutter reads. So if you have a design, make it in Coreldraw. Then is just a matter of sending the cdr (extension name from corel) to Richard along with your requirments concerning color scheme. I know Richard is now busy updating the site with all the information you guys need and he is active on this site but he's a busy guy.

I'll keep you updated in this thread......

dender, if i were to send him my front panel and case work schematics would he be able to cut and then do the markings for me? i have everything laid out ready with full measurements etc. the company i was checking with over here in the uk is seriously extortionate

• 3 months later...