Finished MIDIbox CV

Sebo

Hi:

Some weeks ago I finished my MIDIbox CV, it's working great. I used a AOUT module and powered with +15-15V without any modification.

I have a sugestion to make: I'm unlikely going to use 8 voices with my modular, most probably between 2 and 4, and the left CV outs will be

assigned to CC. That leaves me with 4 to 6 unused gate outs. Maybe in a future version could be implemented a sub-menu to assign those

gate outs to something (ej: midi note on to trigger drum voices, or CC switches like portamento on/off).

Thanks TK for this great project!!!

Now some picture:

MIDIbox CV Front.JPG

MIDIbox CV Back.JPG

Modules 1.JPG

MIDIbox CV Front.JPG

MIDIbox CV Back.JPG

Modules 1.JPG

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi:

The MIDIbox CV is acting as an interface between my computer and the modular synth,

so I can sequence it from my software sequencer or I can play it from any of my MIDI

keyboards. Also I'm using the extra CV outs to send pitch wheel and controllers

from my software sequencer and keyboard, and software generated LFOs and

envelopes.

Also I'm using the clock out to trigger things (like ADSRs).

Yes, the MIDI jacks are on the back of the modular, as I will keep it connected always,

I tought it will be better to left them there. Also the MIDI is chained internally to other

module (Quantix-8).

I built a standalone MIDIbox SID, a modular version is not im my plans for now, but...

can you tell me a good software LFO? I can't find one that does what i want ,interpolates between waveforms... OR curve fitting between given points  :P

Well actually I don't have one that complex. I use the controller sliders of ERA and draw some basic waveforms, then if I want to somooth out the steps I use the Slew Rate of the

MB CV or a portamento module. Sometimes I use a plugin, I can't remember the name, but

most of the time I use the envelopes of the DAW, I simple make an empty clip of 1 or 2 bars

then I draw a waveform with the envelope of the controller I want, then copy the clip (with

the envelope) over and over.