Panel holes cut to big

Echopraxia

Hey everybody,

I recently got ahold of a dremel for cutting panel holes for my buttons. The problems is that after cutting the holes out, some of them are to big and when it is finished I will have gaps on  the sides of the buttons showing bread board down below. The cuts are not to far off but could use some fixing up. Is there some kind of epoxy or caulk that can be applied by hand and rubbed in that will settle and harden? I will probably do a silk screen over it so cosmetics will not be an issue once I get this hole problem sorted out. Any tips would be appreciated.

Regards,

echo

The trick that i use with the Dremel to make perfect holes for faders is to use a old front panel from a Gemini sampler. It is made on strong metal and then the holes of this panel guide me to make the holes on a piece of material that i want. If you dont have something like it you can do the same trick with a heavy piece of metal with perfect lines at the ends. Then this piece of metal will guide you on the cuts.

For other types of holes is easy to do with a small drill to define the holes then you can change for a large drill. Then just use the Dremel sanding bands to finish the shape of the hole.

Is good to take a chuck to change easily the accessories.

KB

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

This maybe too late.

But even if you don't have a black colored panel:

You could try either black silicone(they sell it for aquariums).

Or they also sell black rubber in a tube to use instead of electrical tape.

If you put that into the spaces around the holes,

and around the other switches, it may give it a professional look,

as if you meant to do that, and also hide the imperfections.

As if the switches had black rubber gaskets around them.

Edited by tonyn