330nF Cap - Where i can find?

J Martins

Hi

I think I will not find to buy the 330nF Ceramic Cap to the Core V3(Or a similar stuff as a saw in the forum such as Polyester models, etc, which I can use )  at local shops here in my city. (Please don't tell me to import it!).

Can you guys tell me where I can find it usually in electronics junk such as broken TVs, VCRs, Radios, etc. Because maybe the only way to I get this capacitor is de-soldering it from a broken stuff.

I already tried to find it in some junk here such as scanners, old pc monitors, PC PSUs, stereos CD players, etc. without success :(

The code of this 330nF Cap is "334", right?

Any help is welcome.

KB

334 is the right code.  I'm not sure of what exactly would have one, but something low tech with a design that hasn't changed in 10-20 years is more likely to have through-hole parts.

Polyester or "greencap" capacitors are also suitable, you're more likely to find 330nF in those types than ceramic.  Remember that it is also 0.33uF.  If you really can't find that value, just substitute the closest value ceramic capacitor you can find.  It's just a noise filter capacitor, so you could even get away with leaving it out.  The construction is more important than the exact value here.

Hey fluke, thanks for the tips and advices.

I think my question sounds strange, but someone with experience building circuits or fixing tvs, stereos, any electronics stuff, etc. maybe know.

Then I think if I do not use this Capacitor, the noise filter thingy will not implicate in the stability of the core (sorry for not mentioned before, it's a PIC based) or it will impair the time life of the controller in general?. I'm planning to play with my controller in live concerts and shows then a decent voltage to turn on my controller at some places is a thing that probably I don't will have.

If I leave the Capacitor what I need to do? Simply soldering a "bridge" on his place?

I already thank for any clarification.

Then I think if I do not use this Capacitor, the noise filter thingy will not implicate in the stability of the core (sorry for not mentioned before, it's a PIC based) or it will impair the time life of the controller in general?. I'm planning to play with my controller in live concerts and shows then a decent voltage to turn on my controller at some places is a thing that probably I don't will have.

you can't damage anything by leaving out the cap. But the 78xx datasheet suggests using caps, so in some very unlikely event the supply might become unstable without it. Better replace it with e.g. a 100nF cap than leave it out.

If I leave the Capacitor what I need to do? Simply soldering a "bridge" on his place?

NO!!! the cap is between the supply rails so shorting it would make your PSU smell funny :o

S

Hi seppoman.

Thank you very much for this clarification.

I meant , In the case of I not to use the cap. Leaving it out. In my newbie thought, to make the

continuity of the circuit, the solution is to solder a bridge.

But now I know that I can use other Cap, one with a near value, etc.

Thanks again.

I meant , In the case of I not to use the cap. Leaving it out. In my newbie thought, to make the continuity of the circuit, the solution is to solder a bridge.

Continuity with 0 Ohms between +5V and Ground is usually a very bad thing ;)