MidiBox SID 3 HE Rack Frontpanel template

tongenerator

hello...

i have just finnished my first frontpanel for a midibox sid v2 in a 3 HE Rack...

the rough layout is an inspiration i got by some photos wich i saw on the internet.

this template might help some one who wants to put the SID into a Rack

http://tongenerator.spacequadrat.de/files/mysidv2_new.fpd

please let me know if you do have any improvements, thanks

regards

Mark

Nice!

I think you should check clearance between LCD and the buttons below, and encoder to right, and top edge of panel.

I think a standard 2x20 LCD will overlap with the other components... just increasing the LCD cutout to the same height/width as a standard 2x20 LCD (116mm x 37mm) will show this.

It's a good idea to place the LCD mount holes (or an outline of LCD's PCB) on the panel to check for these things, then you can delete them before ordering the panel.

i just changed something else is well... i think it looks better know

http://tongenerator.spacequadrat.de/files/mysidv2_new.fpd

thanks for ur tipp, i schould in fact check that...

i allready used to have slightly similar problems with the sequenzer. the displays where

to close at the edge, so i could not close the case anymore without modifyng it.

That looks better... still the LCD is quite close to the switches below... is the switch less than 10mm x 10mm at the base?

Also, I find it a bit strange that you would spend so much on an FPE panel for a full control surface, and a rack mount case, and only put one Core/SID inside. Perhaps consider adding the SID 1,2,3,4 buttons to allow adding more SIDs later. IMHO buttons for features are more important than pretty logos and artwork. :)

"MIDI Box SID" -> "MIDIBox SID" ;) And I would change the tool for that logo, cause right now it won't be a fully engraved area, but a collection of lines.

And I absolutely agree on what Wilba said.

Another thing: Are you absolutely sure you need 14mm holes for the encoders? Also you might want to add a little bit of tolerance to the LED holes. 3.0mm might be a bit tight.

the display schould be fine now... but that is actually a good point to worry about.

hopefully i can shrink all of it even more to get more room in that area.

the panel will still need some improvements... like "MIDIbox" and so on...

i maybe agree with the SID 1 - 4 Buttons... but i wont do a stereo version...

artwork? i dont even know how to spell that  :D

i still hope this template might can help some noobs like me as a starting point....

because i could not find any *.fpd for rack size and controllsurface so far...

thanks for all the replys