Wrong baud rate?

Guest rebelrob

Guest rebelrob

Greetings,

Everything works on my MIDIBox plus except one important factor- The MIDI messages are all screwed up! For instance when I turn a pot instead of seeing the data go from 0-127 on MIDI-OX, I see different messages come up- changing channels, instruments (eg grand piano) etc etc... Serge's program doesnt receive any sysex and the MIDIBox plus wont receive any sysex.. I have checked MIDI in and out with the cro and it seems like MIDI data is being send... It just is all mucked up!!  Could this be because the baud rate is wrong from having a wrong crystal? It may be a series crystal but there is no way to tell..

What else could cause this?

Regards,

fustrated rob..

Hi Rob,

perhaps a silly question - but is the "To-COM" option = "no"?

To find out have a look @ ***MainMenu*** >> Merger On/Off [press: the Exec button] >>  MIDI Merger: On (or off) - and there is a second option "To-COM": must be no if you use a normal MIDI-Connection! - "yes" if you use the COM-Port (RS-232) - connection!

Don't give up ! :)

- lemonhorse

Guest rebelrob

Infact its set to "no" already... :(

I rang the store up that sold the crystal asking if they sold both serial and parallel cut.. and they didnt even know the difference!!! I'm assuming then that they sold the wrong one to me, despite me asking for a parallel one..... I'm ordering another.. Let's hope this is the problem!

Regards,

Rob

Guest rebelrob

All is good! I replaced the crystal and it works beautiful!!

(I rang up 3 big eletronic stores here in australia and they all didnt know the difference between the 3 crystals!!   :P