Modified PCB and Schematics

Lorcan

Hi all,

I'm currently building my own LC, and in the process, I wanted to modify the PCBs provided by Thorsten to accommodate for the connectors I bought and other things, so I provide them to the community. Maybe others will find this useful

I have also entered the schematics in Eagle to make it easier, this should prove useful to people designing custom combinations of modules.

Here is the DIN x4, DOUT x4, and a 5V/3A linear PSU i made for the LC.

Connectors are the 'PSK 254' crimp-connector series from Reichelt.

The Core, MF module, and 9V PSU will follow

Cheers,

Lorcan

DIN - DOUT Schematic & Board.rar

DIN_x4_layout_50%.png

DOUt_x4_layout_50%.png

DIN - DOUT Schematic & Board.rar

DIN_x4_layout_50%.png

DOUt_x4_layout_50%.png

And here are the files for the 5V PSU (tried and tested), that should provide sufficient power for all modules and leds

The transfo is a Block EI 66/23 109 from reichelt (9V@4A), and the regulator is a 78t05 which is a version of the 7805 that can handle 3amps, with a proper heatsink of course

LC_5V_PSU_layout_33%.png

MidiBox 5V 3A PSU.rar

5199__1000374_jpge4e5e67414278e8c7afd997

LC_5V_PSU_layout_33%.png

MidiBox 5V 3A PSU.rar

5199__1000374_jpge4e5e67414278e8c7afd997

Thanks, I try to take my time and do things well. I sometimes wish it was finished though, so I could go play music and use it  :P

So I also did the schematic and a board for the core (8bit PIC, v3), and I was happy to find it seems to work good.

Notice the core pcb has been stripped of the power supply section as this is on a separate board to provide more power and facilitate heatsink moutinf.

Now onto the DIN/DOUTS, ledrings, vumeters, LTC ...

5203_Core_LC_First_Test_jpg8b8368c4e6da0

MidiBox 5V 3A PSU.rar

Core_v3_layout_50%.png

5203_Core_LC_First_Test_jpg8b8368c4e6da0

MidiBox 5V 3A PSU.rar

Core_v3_layout_50%.png

• 3 months later...

The PSU is quite a standard design, but it works well

If I were you maybe I'd change the orientation of the heatsink though, with retrospect I think the reg and the capacitor is squeezed in between the trafo and the heatsink which isn't great in terms of air flow. It would be better if there was some free space around the reg and the big cap to let them breathe a little more.

yes i see what you mean, but its a nice simple psu design and something i wasnt sure on how to make before, but now thanks to your sharing its clearer to me now.

it will be handy to have a little 5v supply in a box on my desk to test with, along side my 9v psu.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can't seem to find the Eagle schematics. Were they lost in the forum update or removed by some other reason?

Or I'm too dumb and just can't see them?

Thanks!

They were lost in the process of the forum upgrade it seems.

Also there was a minor error that I corrected afterwards on the pcb, so I need to correct the layouts first.

I'll put them up at my site and give you the link here when it's done

Edit: the schematics are still there in the posts above. I'll still post the corrected version

Edited by Lorcan

They were lost in the process of the forum upgrade it seems.

Also there was a minor error that I corrected afterwards on the pcb, so I need to correct the layouts first.

I'll put them up at my site and give you the link here when it's done

Edit: the schematics are still there in the posts above. I'll still post the corrected version

The attachment which gives me an error is "DIN - DOUT Schematic & Board.rar". The remaining works just fine.

I'll wait for those updated versions anyway, really thank you!

• 2 months later...