Undetented ALPS encoders deal

Nat

EDIT :

25/07/03 We're currently at around 235 orders, I ordered yesterday so I should receive the encoders in about 2-3 weeks. 

Regular shipping costs between 5$ and 17$ and can be insured

Final price for encoders should be around 2.46$ canadian which makes ~1.72$US or ~1.49Euros

Spec sheet : http://www.studioimaginaire.com/files/zautre/STEC16B.pdf

This could be interesting for those who wants Undetented encoders.  

Little explanation : Undetented encoders do not have "dents" meaning that when you turn them it feels like a regular pot.  With detented encoders you feel a click (usually 24).  The Midibox16E requires undetented encoders, Other midiboxes can use both type.

I can get some STEC16B03 24 res ALPS encoders for around 1.7$US each, which is pretty cheap.  Only problem, there is a minimum order of 250, so I will need to know if people want some and how many.  If enough people wants some and I reach 250 or more, I can make it ship at my home (Montreal) and ship it to you.  So if you're interested, please post the number of encoders you would like.

Thanks,

Nat

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jesaiplu

Nat, could you add me in the list please.

I don't know how much I need for this moment ...

When you hope buy it please ?

I say you in the french forum for how much I need (30 minimum I think ... )

Could you have a detented encodeur ? because I didn't find it in france ...

Thx ;)

Hello jesaisplu, if you want strictly detented encoders I suggest you talk to Ian Hurlock.

If you still want undetented encoders from me, it might take some time since the minimum order is 250.  It depends on how much people want some...

In between, I just talked to a guy from Acess and they use the same encoders on the Access Virus C rack :)

Guest jesaiplu
Hey jesaiplu,

if you can't get detented encoders anywhere else, talk to Ian, he may be able to help you.

Ok, thank's ;)

I need 2-3 detented for a joggle and 30 undetented so if Nat could be have some it's more simple if he could join it with the detented (Sorry for my bad english ...)

Guest jesaiplu
Unfortunatelty I cannot get detented ones since I'd have to order another 250 of them...  For the jog wheel, isn't the encoder low shaftless ?

Ca veut dire quoi "low shaftless" ? please  ;)

jimp : noted.  Shipping should be under 10$.  Once I get enough confirmations, I will buy the encoders and check with each person for shipping modalities.  It shouldn't be more than 12-13US$ for most of the world, usually between 4 and 9 $.

jesaisplus : Undetented encoders will work with both the PIC16F877 and the PIC18F452....  It will work with MIOS and with the midibox16e firmware.  There is also a wiring scheme on the midibox16e page made specialy for this particular model.

Guest domas

:o I am impressed that you buy so much encoder for a such high price. I bought 25 same rotary encoders for 25x4=100 Lt(it's our currency) that is about 1,31 USD or 1,15 EUR(compared to ~1.72$US or ~1.49Euros from Nat) for one piece. I didn't have to pay for shipping as I ordered them at a local shop that ordered from ELFA(Sweden) or ASWO(Germany). But that is not all. When I ordered them I thought I'll get them for 0,87 USD or 0,77 EUR. But when they arrived I found out that I have to pay 1,5 price I knew before. So now I have 25 undetended ALPS rotary encoders  ;).