MIDIbox SEQ V4 Teaser #2

TK.

Link to video

MIDIbox SEQ V4 has reached beta state, let's celebrate this with a new demo!

0:00: The electronic harp is played by Sculpture (part of Logic Audio) - a Physical Modelling Synth which I really like!

0:00: MBSEQV4 plays the 16-step sequence with a new "step progression" feature: on each 4 step interval, the step is triggered twice. In addition, a customized groove template is applied on the velocity to accent the notes based on the master measure. This results into a more complex sequence which varies on each beat, but still sounds nice and not too random!

0:01: to understand the "step progression" feature watch the GP LEDs - they are stopping each 4th step

0:11: an Echo Fx is added with 64T delay. Note value is increased by +3 and forced to scale

0:17: an additional VST synth is added which gets use of the new "step progression" feature as well

0:21: Echo Fx: temporary increased to 6 repeats with +3 Note Value and +150% delay on each echo - let's scrub the harp!

0:31: adding drums

0:41: adding more synth lines, again with "step progression" to vary the sequence

1:04: adding a chord sequence played by MIDIbox SID V2 (a typical arpeggio patch is used)

1:48: probably you haven't noticed it due to the bad video quality, but I switched to another pattern which plays the electronic harp at C-3 on each step - the groove template is still enabled (boring?)

2:05: now something completely different: a LFO is applied on the harp sequence with sine waveform and an interval of 4 steps. Force-to-Scale is enabled

2:07: the LFO also sends a CC to Sculpture to vary the timbre.

2:13: adding Echo Fx (1 repeat, 64ppqn delay, +150% tick) to this "modulated sequence"

2:19: changing LFO waveform to Triangle

2:31: changing LFO waveform to Sawtooth

2:36: changing Echo Fx to 6 repeats

2:46: slowly changing LFO the period to 16 steps (enjoy the change-over effects!)

2:52: slowly changing LFO reset to 16 steps (enjoy the change-over effects!)

3:00: changing LFO waveform to Sine, play drums again

3:14: changing LFO waveform to Triangle

3:21: changing CC offset of LFO

3:33: unmuting the other instr uments

3:56: switching back to original sequence (my favourite moment ;-)

4:16: muting/unmuting the toms...

4:30: slowly muting the tracks

4:40: thanks for listening! :-)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Lovely work TK.

And a request from my girlfriend; when I was watching the video last night on her PC, she sat and listened and then asked if she could have an MP3 of it.

Then, looking at the sequencer, said "When is yours going to be finished? I want to try that".

Could you post an MP3? I haven't a clue how to extract one from Vimeo!

Again, great work, both on the design and the music - it must be a ubiquely satisfying experiece to create your own music on tools you created yourself.