Confirmation of DIN Button Wiring

MONSTA

Hi everyone, I'm just starting to think about some custom PCBs (as well as some test buttons first) for my MidiBox and need to make sure I'm on the right track.

Looking at this:

http://www.ucapps.de/mbhp/mbhp_dinx4_32buttons.pdf

Can I wire up my buttons in strips of 4 using each vs pin?

So four buttons connected to pins 1-4 and their grounds connected back to vs on each strip? Instead of only using the vs on J5 and J6 in a chain?

May I also ask while I'm on the subject (and pardon my lack of knowlege, I am learning electronics as I go), what is the difference between the #numbers and the others? Can they still be used the same way? Why are some called snapshot, exec, right, left, F1, F2 etc.. and the rest are just numbered?

Thanks for any info, I'm progressing quite quickly with my project, but don't have any prior experience to make judment calls.

Christian

Can I wire up my buttons in strips of 4 using each vs pin?

So four buttons connected to pins 1-4 and their grounds connected back to vs on each strip? Instead of only using the vs on J5 and J6 in a chain?

... yes, you can.

May I also ask while I'm on the subject (and pardon my lack of knowlege, I am learning electronics as I go), what is the difference between the #numbers and the others? Can they still be used the same way? Why are some called snapshot, exec, right, left, F1, F2 etc.. and the rest are just numbered?

See in upper left corner  ;)

...Red Text: key assignments

for MIDIbox64 and

MIDIbox16E

Greets, Roger