Need a helpful and advanced programmer!!!

WingMa

Dear Programers,

I have spent so many days surfing on the internet, searching for midi controller, but unfortunately I keep finding problems. One of my idea I buy two Behringer Bcf2000 and another control for buttons, and cut off the panels. This would be the best for me, but it is to problematik.

I was glad I found this website but unfortunately I cannot find apropriate tool within the ready-made projects. So I would like to ask for some help if it is possible.

I can do all the hardwares, but I am not as good in programing. If it is possible somebody please help me consturating in the following configuration:

13 motorfader

20 Encoder

min 90 Pushbutton

min 12 Led Rings

min 64 Button's Led

I thought that two Midibox Lc-s would be built and I would add plus two more encoders. (as it can be seen in the picture) Thoose parts are not used (MotorFaders, Buttons) should be switched off from the menu, and I would not conected. But later on I may use it.

(see in the attachment)

The extra encoders don't really need special function, if it is hard to make.It does not need to appear on LCD, and I do not need Led ring. The only thing I need is to calibrate the midi values. (Min/max)

I would like to change the faders lenght. I found on the page pf ALPS 60 mm pots, I would like to involve them. Does it requires and change?

http://www.alps.com/WebObjects/catalog.woa/E/HTML/Potentiometer/Audio/RSN1M/RS60N11M9A05.html

Other Change on Lcd. Honestly I dont realy need the lcd's respons or just one on what the most required information appears like Behringer BCF2000.

A read about the link function. That would be the best for me in the easiest lcd.

http://www.ucapps.de/midibox_link/tunnel4.gif

I need a person how can help me finishing a projekt from the begining till the end. I can do everything if therse a concret instruction.

Please help me. I can offer you something for that.

Best regards:

5321_Encoder_pngfee3f01e2ce4a016365a34df

5321_Encoder_pngfee3f01e2ce4a016365a34df

Hy!

I think it is not as easy to find the appropriate person, so I start to build it. But I need some information:

-Which Core (Pic based or STM32) should be used for folowing funkcions:

Mergering and link to use only one lcd???

-Can use 60mm MotorFader instead of 100mm???

I must know this before I buy the parts.

Thanks!!

Thank you kris, but unfortunateli it doesn't help for me :(

I read through more than a thousend posts but I couldn't find the concret answer.

I want to start it monday and I don't think that 10 hours would be enought to read the rest forty-thousand posts...

Unfortunately I can read all the information but I won't be a proffessional electrotechnican so I need some concret help.

Regard Bela

Hello WingMa,

-Which Core (Pic based or STM32) should be used for folowing funkcions:

So far, the STM32 core is not ready for the public. It is still "Beta", so the PIC core

is your best choice.

I have never built with Motorfaders, so I cannot help with that.

You will find that this is a GREAT site for people who want to learn more about how to make these projects. But it may not be so good if you are not interested in learning how.

You need this by Monday? Stryds troubleshooting rule #1 may apply:

1 Patience

Take your time. If you need it finished by a certain deadline, prepare to fail, and move on accordingly. Rushing will only make things worse. Assume nothing. Test everything.

Don't do a half-a job, pay attention to the details and take pride in your work. Do it properly :)

Maybe a good plan would be to start with an existing project, like the MIDIBox LC. Once you have that working you can explore the software and learn about how it works a little better.

This is going to take some time. Your project will not be completed in a week. But the satisfaction of making it yourself, and learning more about what goes into these things will be a great reward.

Have Fun,

LyleHaze

Thank you for your answer!

You have misunderstood me. I don't need it for Monday I want to START it on monday.

I know that this program know a lot and many pepole worked on it. And I respect it. But I can't take a part in it.

I have a Professional Light Control software and it has MIDI Control Interface.

I need for that an individual Midi Controller, to work on my profession like you on yours.

Hopefully I don't hurt any kind of "midibox rule" with this.

Such easy answers are enough for building my hardwer:

So far, the STM32 core is not ready for the public. It is still "Beta", so the PIC core

is your best choice.

There are good tutorials on ucapps.de page, but you are the only who know such little experiences.

Anybody about the motorfader???

Basically it should work. I don't know of anybody who already used them. As far as I remember, they are 5k instead of the usual 10k. I know of people who implemented 5k pots without motors and it was not od a problem to handle. The only possibility to find out: Buy one fader and try it out.

Greets, Roger

Hy!

The based on the descrition this 10k too.

Part number RS60N11M9A05

Number of resistor elements Single-unit

Direction of lever Vertical

Travel 60mm

Type Motor N fader

Lever types 9-T

(T-Bar)

Length of lever 8.2mm

Total resistance 10k?

Resistance taper 1B

Terminal style Lead

Touch sense track With

Theoretically can it be a problem?

The based on the descrition this 10k too.

... well o.k. - I can't remember, where I have this from, that they should only be 5k.

How ever then this won't be an issue. The only one we don't have evaluated now, is that you only have 60mm travel. This is very different compared with 100mm and might be an issue considering the PMW cycle-speed. (Read "History": http://ucapps.de/mbhp_mf.html)

No other way than just try it.

Greets, Roger

Thank you Lorcan I thought that too!

Some quick Questions again:

-Can I connect the ground of buttons and leds directly to the power supply?

I will the every take the ready made panel's to a factory but I would like to have simle sided panel's done!

-Which Elemnt's should be clerad from the original plan's? I think The Layer Nr1.: Top And what Else???

You can connect the ground directly, but try avoiding any ground loops, ie the same signal flowing through different paths, otherwise you might get noise, oscillations, etc. Best wiring for ground is called 'star wiring': all ground leads start from a unique, low resistance point. It's mandatory when there's audio going through the device, so here it's not really needed

As for the pcb, just make sure to route on the copper side (bottom), do not use any vias. Find out what cad format the shop uses.You'll have to google for a tutorial on exporting gerber files for this, or look at eagle manual. I've never done it myself (etch my pcbs at home)