final stages, Uploading mios???

Technosoul

Well I have a few questions. I am building a midibox 6582. Everything is put to geteher, all joints good.

I have just connected wires from PCB to CS PCB. I expected to see some LED's light but nothing.

Also I have download mios studio and V2 mios to computer for uploading. I have connected my LCD with proper wiring

Well, I'm at a lost. I have read the documentation and I am just at a lost as to how to upload mios, not sure what I am doing, wrong or right. I am using a USB to midi cable from Mididbox to computer.

Everything is just seeming really foreign at this point.

If anyone can help....awesome

There are questions...

Did you buy your PIC from Mike or Smash?

There are a few steps..

Burn the bootloader into the PIC (requires a PIC burner), not needed if you bought it from Smash.

Set up your computer to run MIOS studio.

Load MIOS into the PIC using MIOS Studio.(not needed if you got your PIC from Smash.. I THINK)

Load the application into MIOS using MIOS studio.

Try this link for details:

http://www.ucapps.de/mios_bootstrap_newbies.html

If you have troubles, test your MIDI interface by doing a loopback test.

All the details should be on the page I pointed out.

Have Fun,

LyleHaze

Maybe you didn't put a jumper in J11 to select which Core is connected to the MIDI Out port.

Thus you're not receiving the upload request from the Core.

Note also you'll need to change the device ID in MIOS Studio to target the upload to each Core (the PIC with that device ID already set). If you get PICs from SmashTV, they will already have ID 0,1,2,3 set and printed on the label.

Make sure there's no shorts between LCD and the control surface PCB. (Hence instructions to solder cable to "bottom" side of LCD, and use something to insulate pads on the "top" side, like sticky tape.

Perhaps initially try with LCD not attached to control surface PCB.

Do you get any backlight or black bars on the LCD?

Silly question, but have you tried adjusting P2_CORE1 (contrast for the LCD)?  You can also fiddle with P1 to adjust the backlight level.  Both of these are the pots located on the base board in the lower right quadrant near J11 (where you select the core for MIDI Out). 

Other than that just verify your LCD is wired properly (getting the backlight is a good start).

Silly question, but have you tried adjusting P2_CORE1 (contrast for the LCD)?  You can also fiddle with P1 to adjust the backlight level.  Both of these are the pots located on the base board in the lower right quadrant near J11 (where you select the core for MIDI Out). 

Other than that just verify your LCD is wired properly (getting the backlight is a good start).

I'm going to try this out when I get home from work today. I think some of my front panel led's arent working, but cant really be sure until I see the function. Also maybe some of the encoders are slow to rspond, but once again I cant really tell until I see values change on LCD.

But after doing a couple tweeaks this machine is going to be sick.

adjusted pots for lcd and all is good. I had to replace a few wires that connect CS PCB and main PCB. Installing and stripping those wires has been my most difficult task.

Right now I have the MIDI BOX connect to a MFB-step64, just running sequences. Theres a few things I need to go in and figure out after just playing around and tweeking knobs. I'm noticing my lfo rate seems to not be right, not a huge variation in speed and also the release on envelope, doesnt seem to carry long tone lengths.

Hey, I just wanted to say thanks to everyone has helped with my posts and thanks to all you guys that have created this for the community to enjoy building. If they would have required building electronics like this in school, my career and life would be completely different.

I wish had a little more knowledge of the electronic parts used, but I think I will figure some things out as I play around and get into the mios.

this project has been sick, thanks again, wilba, avi show tech, tk, fussy everyone

Woohoo!  Glad to hear you're sorted out then!  After all the help I got building mine, I'm glad I could pass along some love. :-)

I'm still sorting through all my pics and what-not from my build so I can post a summary, parts lists, etc.

Looking forward to more pics from you.