Thicker gauge wire for CS PCB to PCB

Technosoul

I was just wondering if I can use a single strand 22gauge wire for connecting the posts to the CS pcb and the PCB on the 6582. Everytime I go in to make modifications I keep breaking the wires, so is there are any negative results when using a thicker signle strand style wire.

thanks.

I don't think there'll be a problem... although I suggest stripping the wire and putting a 90 deg bend so that the wire lays flat against the PCB, like shown in this picture... that helps avoid stress on the wire as it bends. The picture is before I soldered the joints... soldering both sides also helps avoid stress on the wire where it is in the hole, i.e. the 90 deg bend won't be repeatedly flexed and then break because it's inside the soldered joint.

5430_MB-6582_wiring_jpgb0e9bf7d682bb8ec1

5430_MB-6582_wiring_jpgb0e9bf7d682bb8ec1

Yeah, Wilba's stuff always looks perfect.  The innards of mine looks like it was put together by an inebriated chimpanzee...

I used standard ribbon cable from SmashTV to attach mine (the older gray stuff he used to sell, now he only sells the pretty multicolored stuff) using a right angle header on the base board (Mouser 517-5111TG) and female crimp sockets from SmashTV.  I soldered the other ends of the wires to the control surface.  I opened and closed the case a ton and never has issues with broken wires.

I couldn't quickly find the .100" wire that Wilba used on Mouser, so I just used the ribbon cable I had sitting around.