GM5x5x5 in MIOSstudio9.0

Flemming

I can't get MIOSstudio9.0 to find all 5 MIDI ports on my GM5x5x5 when i use the driver from Ploytec.com (jumper-configuration on the board is set to ploytec.com). The 'SID editor' can easily find all 5 ports, and so can all my other MIDI-related software... funny thing is that i tested with MIOSstudio8.3 which also works!! In my 'Sounds and audio devices' controlpanel in XP the 5 ports also show up with no problem. So for me this is an isolated case of MIOSstudio9.0 doesn't work, and only when i use the ploytec driver. If i plug it in not using the driver then MIOSstudio9.0 finds port 1-5 as 'USB audio device (X)'. The result is the same whether i use a USB hub or not.

Does anyone else experience the same problems as i have? As 'SID editor' and MIOSStudio shares just about the same sourcecode it just puzzles me even more?!?

MIOSstudio9.0 did have some correction done from v8.3:

Changed MIDI Device Manager handling of physical MIDI Devices. Fixes problems with mmj re-adding the same devices when rescanning, and virmidi listing multiple devices for each port.

Would MIOSstudio9.0 somehow treat my 5 GM5x5x5 MIDI ports as "same device" when the ploytec.com driver is installed? Is this check done with the names of the ports?

Maybe it's because the driver makes MIOSstudio detect port 1-5 as 'Ploytec USB MIDI junction II po' - Looks like the string is too short, missing 'rt (X)' for example, and that would mean that all 5 ports shares the same name, and maybe that is the reason why MIOSstudio9.0 thinks that the last 4 ports are just duplicates ?

edit:

in MIOSstudio8.3 i get -

Ploytec USB MIDI junction II po