LCD Scribble Strip for 2 Tascam US2400

LarsenRecords

Hello,

Like most I am new to midibox, been reading a ton of posts. I use two tascam US2400 http://www.tascam.com/products/us-2400.html every day and am very intrigued in adding onto them. With some help from the tascamforums, I have figured out how to very much customize these controllers in Cubase using the Generic Control function. My computer and Cubase sees two separate controllers. I am trying to figure out how to put together 8 LCD displays per controller in order to have the associated name of each fader below it. 4 faders per LCD. I have read thru Dietmar posts, http://www.tsrecords.at/pult_main.htm but do not want all the info on the LCD like he programmed. I have tried contacting him with no success. Also, I do not know if how Cubase sees my controller compared to his differs from his build plan. If Cubase only sees one controller do I need only one Core Module per controller or three per controller. I have a C++ programming background, but looking thru the midibox apps this code looks different then from what I am use to. I am very interested in building this, have a friend who can help with the construction due to his electrical engineering background, but need some basic advice so I know where to start. I am constantly reading thru other post, but none seem to give me the info I need. Thanks in advance. Also, is there an easier solution then midibox for a display like this. I am also looking into LCD USB interfaces.